Meta: The Search For Magiq Super Topic

“We live in a society,” LOL. I died.

11 Likes

Unspoken plot twist: all of Theo’s doggo sounds translate to Theoden-speak. :doge:

14 Likes

Just call us Basecamp 34.

I just need to let you all know that this line made me almost tear up a little.

19 Likes

Same. And like… duh Eaves, of course you guys are Mountaineers. Why wouldn’t you be? It gave me feels.

14 Likes

We’re clearly going to need a Magiq New Year’s on our Calendar of Magiq Observances :tm: (since it won’t quite be the same thing as the Day of Change, right?).

15 Likes

We need to host a ackerly green party on newyears day. like, a full on old school group hangout.

9 Likes

So… Rasia. I know it’s a Finnish word for a small box, but Google says it is also an actual Russian name meaning “well-spoken.” (Before this search, all I knew in Russian was how to say “I’m a whale!”)

So I’m thinking the new digs are in Russia, but there is a slight chance they are in Finland. Or maybe I’m reading too much into it, and it’s simply a pretty name?

11 Likes

I mean, I have a Scottish name, one of my friends has a Greek one and we both live in England, while two of my Swedish friends have German names and one has an American name so it’s kind of all over the shop! But that’s an interesting theory too, I like it :blossom:

10 Likes

Good point!

9 Likes

crawls out of NaNoWriMo Cocoon of Doom

Hi podlings! I’ve been playing catch up on all the excitement, and I think they’re in Romania. That’s where the most “pokey ruler of yore” I can think of came from.

13 Likes

Sounds like it’s quite Slavic/Nordic. My name is Norwegian, but I was born in Canada.

Probably right about the whole Romania region dealio.

9 Likes

Ding, ding, ding!

14 Likes

yeah, I assumed that too.
Also, it’s not like this would be the first time a group of refugees from a war ended up in those mountains, they’re a dang good place to hide.

11 Likes

There was a time when I used to know how to say “Madam, your wolverine has gotten ill on my shoe” in Russian.

13 Likes

I can see that being much more useful than “I’m a whale” - but I guess it depends on the company we’re keeping :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Alas, the only things I know how to say in Russian are NSFW :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

So, as I’m trying to finish catching up, is Thread 5 the last current IW thread for this arc? I just want to make sure I’m about as caught up as can be at this point, given we’re going into the new year (and I want to be caught up so when i decide to throw money at a certain thing, I’m not missing anything.)

14 Likes

Yes!

8 Likes