March 2019 is Mountie Fitness Month!

Hi Mounties!

For the month of March, we’re bringing back last year’s fitness challenge. One new fun feature we thought would go along well would be guild-inspired playlists, and I. Need. Your. Help.

Let me know what song(s), inspired by each of your guilds, you could envision yourself working out to. Post ideas here (or PM them to me) and at the beginning of March, I’ll post official Guild Workout Playlists to accompany the torment… erm… uh…I mean exercise plans we’ve drafted up for everyone!

14 Likes

I don’t know if they’re necessarily guild-inspired choices, but I have two playlists (culled from a third, longer list) I’ve been using to train for my races coming up this weekend. I have them in a spreadsheet if you’d like me to send it along Sunday evening.

Edit: I might be able to link some to guilds if I actually think on it (one feels maybe a bit magiq-y)

9 Likes

Given I operate on at least 3 rotational playlists on Spotify with completely weird/obscure music sometimes (ranges from 80s pop to black metal), I’ll probably just shut up here and observe this time :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’m going to assume eclectic is welcome (I have some k-pop and a few songs that have come up on one of my boss’s playlists deemed “angry music” on mine).
(Once my everything playlist went from Marilyn Manson to the Partridge Family, so… :ascendershrug: )

5 Likes

If it’s guild-inspired, I want to hear it!

5 Likes

In true Thornmouth fashion, I usually listen to podcasts while I work out. Looking forward to the challenge though!

6 Likes

Maybe slightly guild inspired?

I always include Tsunami by DVBBS and Borgeous. (Tides? Idk) I love it because it has a consistent beat that is a good pace to run long distance to, at least for me. It’s electronic.

For motivation and hype (spoiler alert: all my running playlists are extremely high energy) my current go to is Not Today by BTS. It’s KPop, but a great time and always makes me feel ready to take on the world.

6 Likes

Excellent Ebbie representation so far!

5 Likes

I really like Sail by AWOLNation or Geronimo by Sheppard for Weatherwatch.

9 Likes

For Gossmere, I like “There Will Be Time” by Mumford and Sons. It starts slow and then builds, so I will listen to it usually during my warmup.

9 Likes

I love that song

6 Likes

I like Mother Sky by Twelve Foot Ninja as a Calgiostro-inspired workout song, although he isn’t part of a guild. I just felt the need to throw it in there.

7 Likes

Next time we should devote ALL of Mountie Fitness Month to the Cagliostro. :rofl:

9 Likes

The one that needed very little thought to get to a magiq link is Cliffs of Dover, mainly because I think at least two of the guild houses are supposed to be on cliffs/cliff-adjacent.

4 Likes

I have too many songs hang on (will probably edit to add more)

Flinter

Goss

Bali

Thorn

Watcher

Ebbie

7 Likes

OMG AWESOME @Sellalellen! Thank you so much! Mounties, keep the suggestions coming, and I’ll be posting lists in the official thread (coming in March) and making playlists on Spotify that people can subscribe to, too!

4 Likes

I love to run listening to this. It is an Ebby song.

MOZART HEROES THUNDERSTRUCK-BARRIOS

6 Likes

I’d like to suggest the Zero Gravity Remix of SAIL. It’s much better than the original, in my opinion :weatherwatch:

7 Likes

I feel like DragonForce has several :weatherwatch: options (Inside the Winter Storm came on and made me think of it)…
Much badass adventure feel to their stuff.

7 Likes

I’m not gonna embed anything cause this will take ages, instead I’d rather list the true dichotomy of Eben standing in between (5 each before I go too far):

K/DA - Pop-Stars
Loreena McKennitt - Santiago
The Trouble Notes - Fiodoir
Cirque de Soleil - To the Stars
Of Monsters and Men - Little Talks

And now let’s go brutal (this is when I want to wake up while running):

Cradle of Filth - You Will Know the Lion by His Claw
Nightwish - The Greatest Show on Earth
Blind Guardian - Precious Jerusalem
Therion - Cults of the Shadow
Within Temptation - Supernova

EDIT: I could just throw in my main playlist with 300+ songs + another one built for this year :joy:

EDIT 2: @Viviane I’m not growing wings if that’s what you’re implying. Breaking to a library, wreaking havoc and running away, while probably burns lots of calories, also sounds a bit too much, on the same level as extreme crocheting :joy:

EDIT 3: As a bonus song, Gravity Falls Theme.

On a serious note - Darren Korb - A Simple Story (loop it a couple of times)

8 Likes