Halloween

Since it’s nearly Halloween, I thought I’d make a thread to discuss it. What are you wearing, what are your plans, and do you know any good, spooky stories? This thread is for anything Halloween related.

14 Likes

I’m not wearing any costumes. I’m going to hang out with a friend who also doesn’t feel Halloween, buy a bunch of candy, and sit watching movies with the lights off.

13 Likes

Now, I don’t have any plans for halloween itself, but I have been bringing back the cape for spooky season! I have 3 cape/cloaks of varying thickness, one black, one rich brown and one greyish brown. They’re all lovely and I’ve been wearing them whenever I get the chance this month!! :cherry_blossom:

14 Likes

My significant other and I did our big celebration at an elaborate masquerade event (I hesitate to share his face online without him present for permission, but here’s my costume!)

Halloween itself will be quieter. My mom and I dress up as witches and give out candy (we’ve become a neighborhood favorite since we decorate somewhat elaborately and blast spooky music for ambiance), then my significant other and I watch spooky movies and eat candy all night. ^-^

As for good spooky stories, I suggest The Haunting of Hill House netflix series released last year. The ending is controversial, but it’s a very creepy ghost story well told. :slight_smile:

20191026_231235

18 Likes

I’ll be cleaning most of Thursday in preparation for the game marathon for charity that I’m hosting on Saturday, so I’m breaking out my Baba Yaga costume of a house dress, an apron in calico skulls, and a babushka to hold back my hair. It’s a decent cleaning outfit anyway, and I can keep a bowl of treats by the door if kids come by. Not that they will, our house is the “Haunted” one in our neighborhood.

13 Likes

my daughter is elsa from frozen 2, my son convinced his father to allow him to be eck “Marshmellow” the youtuber from fortnite of all things, which I was against, but you know, since his father said yes, my opinion doesnt matter. My husband and I shall not be dressing up since we dont have any money for costumes for ourselves.

12 Likes

Honestly I haven’t really had any time to think about Halloween as I’ve been so busy lately, and I don’t know if my university actually does anything for Halloween.

8 Likes

Happy Samhain, Halloween, and All Hallow’s Eve! I’m in class this morning then work 2-9pm so unfortunately there’s no time for any real celebration, but we get to dress up for work so I’m trying to throw together something last-minute that’s more fun than regular uniform.

15 Likes

Despite classes getting in the way I wasn’t really planning on doing anything for Halloween, but I finally decided to go as a vampire’s victim. I’ve already had one person ask if I’m alright, so, off to a great start! :grin: :vampire:

12 Likes

Love these!!! I am finally fulfilling my childhood dreams and dressing up as leather jacket Sandy from Grease (minus the leather pants and red pumps, couldn’t find those at target lol)

13 Likes

Ooh I also want to wear that at some point!

10 Likes

Well I’m gonna go to the pub like this. Then get back home and enjoy some pumpkin spice ale! Gonna be a tipsy clown tonight!

12 Likes

I’m being the Mothman! But all I have to do tonight is rehearsal for Beauty and the Beast.

13 Likes

@BairnSidhe
Go Extralife fundraisers!!
Kudos to you, it’s definitely an undertaking for a good cause ^-^

I was dressed as Maleficent for a kids party I ended up being voluntold to go to this past weekend. There was also a Masquerade Ball that I performed at and helped organize, so I’m counting that as dressing up.

Aside from that I’ve been so busy and sleep deprived I literally forgot today was Halloween until I was at school and then was there for 13 hours so that kind of curbs any quick changes into costume.
On the bright side I finally finished choreographing the eight dance numbers required for the musical we’re teaching and putting on this weekend so I’m rewarding myself by going to sleep before 2 AM at long last.

On the SUPER bright side we only got three trick or treaters so there’s plenty of candy leftover for us to eat!

11 Likes

I’m a bit late, but Happy Halloween from your favorite Red Robe (spoilers for TAZ: Balance)!
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

12 Likes

We ended up getting exactly two trick or treaters. Those brave souls got a handful of fruit gummy packs each. Maybe next year I’ll buy full size candy bars and see if that “sweetens” the house’s reputation.

12 Likes

@Remus I LOVE Taz! Your costume is brilliant! @Sellalellen Your Mothman is stunning, and between the filter and the makeup @TheMadHare’s look has me dizzy.

Looks like y’all killed it on Halloween this year!

8 Likes