Hacker? Should I be worried or is this just site stuff?

Haven’t posted in a long time, Last night I got an email sating someone was trying to sign in to my account. I changed my password and got another email about an hour later saying the same thing. Anyone have any idea what might be going on?

That’s really bizarre. Nothing like that’s happened to me here (yet, knock on wood). Reminds me of someone going in to my bank info and changing the phone number ages ago (that was a mess). But into an account here? To what end? :brandonthinking:

@CJB, thoughts?

It turns out it wasn’t just the forum, I got hit by some kind of bot account or something. It/they went into my Reddit and signed me up for all kind of NSFW subreddits, tried to get my Google account. Weird. Still trying to clean up the mess. But yeah it’s weird that it would try to get in here, like why? But it wasn’t anything or anyone here.

I’m glad it doesn’t seem to have originated from here. There were some issues while we were briefly at a different version of the forum, so definitely worth checking just in case. (Even the Guide had been redirecting to one of those “Congrats on being the nth person to this site” pop-ups at one point!)