Guilds

Is it possible to belong to more than one guild at once. I feel torn between two aspects of myself and am not sure which to follow. I.e. I’m a balimoran but also feel like a flinterforge because I love nature and being in it’s wild embrace but also love to create and make and mould things into being.
Help?

12 Likes

Multiguildic people are called polyguild. I myself am a thornmouth balimora poly. Within neithernor, polyguilds have access to the knocks to both guilds bases, and just generally have a little more freedom.

12 Likes

I’m still new lol I have little to no idea what you just said actually means.

8 Likes

Ah, god, how do i simplify this… uh…

You could say that polyguilds are people in two or more guilds, who gets the benefits of both guilds.

7 Likes

That part I understood. I lost you at neithernor and all that. Also how could I go about joining both guilds?

8 Likes

that, im not actually sure on. i remember some stuff regarding it but i barely remember its even possible. uh… @Helios @Sellalellen @grimangel53? anyone?

7 Likes

Hey @Fury! Just wanted to let you know that it is perfectly possible to be of two guilds, and we have some really incredible polyguilds within our community! Your guild is not a set in stone thing, it’s as fluid as the magiq it calls on. As you change as a person, your guild may change too! Personally I called myself a Weathermere for a long time after joining Basecamp, but slowly found that I was much more of a Gossmere and found myself identifying with that one guild alone. I like to think of the guilds as schools of thought, it’s perfectly possible to follow more than one at the same time. Your magimystic currents are unique to you, and dual natures often find themselves happiest as polyguilds.
If by joining both guilds on the forum, I believe you can go to the “Groups” section and join your decided guilds, you can always leave or join new ones in the future!

11 Likes

You were weathermere? 030

6 Likes

Hey, @Fury! As @OracleSage and @Cj_Heighton said, feeling like you’re not a part of one guild is completely normal. When I joined Basecamp, I really clung to my identity as a Weatherwatcher. But I did it because I didn’t totally feel comfortable with my identity as a part of the guild. The guild felt most like was Gossmere.

I’ve come to love and appreciate my guild, but that doesn’t mean that I feel totally representesd by Weatherwatch. I’m a Weathermerrim (Weatherwatcher and Gossmerrim) and also still one of the two captains of Weatherwatch (the title for our guild leaders). It’s no problem at all if you’re polyguild :blush: you’re in great company!

From a forum perspective, you’ll be able to join both forum groups (which you can find here). The icon will be the group you join first, but you’ll still be a part of both! I hope this helps!

9 Likes

@Cj_Heighton @OracleSage thank you all I did some digging and found it with y’all’s help. I’m now officially a flintermora (I think that’s the proper name lol)

8 Likes

Alternatively: balifore

6 Likes

I quiet like the benefits of how fluid the guilds are :blush::ok_hand: I’m new like you @Fury and in some ways you probably have the advantage on me with this. I’m Flinterforge and Thornmouth and see these as the balance of action and thought. Who you are is fluid as you form and respond to your world or world’s rather. I think the biggest challenge you will have is perhaps which guild house in which to rest your head in Neithernor :man_shrugging:

2 Likes