Guild Pride

Hi, so this is kind of an unimportant question, but what’s your favorite thing about your guild? I want to know what other people like about their guilds. My favorite thing is how diverse Balimora people are. One is chaotic, and the next is calm, but the guild speaks to them the same way. So, what’s your favorite thing about your guild?

13 Likes

Oh yeah, to add on, I figured this is a question that everyone can answer, so it’ll increase participation.

9 Likes

Set, this is brilliant! Thank you for making this topic.
Oh gosh, I have a lot of favorite things about Flinterforge. I love my guild a lot. Like, a lot, a lot. I think my favorite thing about it is getting to see the passion all of my guildmates devote to their chosen crafts. We represent a wide variety of skills, and it’s really wonderful to watch every Flinterforged put so much dedication and interest and love into whatever it is they do to make the world better and more beautiful.

11 Likes

My favorite thing about Gossmere is the openness, tolerance and acceptance: if you respect life, you’re cool with us. We can celebrate with people from all walks of life.

13 Likes

One of my favourite things about Ebenguard, is along the same line as what Viv said about Flinterforge.

Ebenguardians are protectors and defenders of the Golden Balance, which sounds all awe inspiring and glamorous warriors come to mind, but what I love most about my guild is that there are so many different ways that each member can go about doing that. It could be in some small way by sharing your passion with a select few, or it could be an epic project that demands attention. There’s no right or wrong way to be Ebenguard, and there’s no set of distinct skills necessary. You can be a scholar or a fighter or anything else, but you’re still Ebenguard, and you’re still making the world a lighter brighter a day at a time.

I guess you could summarize this nicely by saying we’re inclusive or diverse, but that just feels inadequate. I just have a lot of emotions about my guild, okay?

16 Likes

I think that what I love the most about Balimora stems from, like Set said, our diversity.

Even though we’re so varied, it seems as though it is that variation that unifies us. The chaos of our differences forms a bond that founds everything we believe in as Balimorans. The more differences we have, the stronger we are as a guild.

10 Likes

Favorite thing about Balimora? Definitely being among like minded free spirits who all do things in their own way but somehow it all works out in the end.

Wait, I forgot about Taco Thursdays in the guild tree. Can I change my answer? No? Dammit.

11 Likes

Dang, you waisted your answer. Taco Tuesday is. :ok_hand:.

7 Likes

What everyone has said so far is brilliant, I think you all have made your guilds proud!

I also have much to love about my guild, as Augo said we embrace all walks of life and I think that’s beautiful. My bond with Gossmere runs really deep for me, from the moment I read the guide I knew it was exactly where I belonged.
I have always been that kid who was too sensitive to be in a fight, and too naive or optimistic to learn to build walls. (Overstate? Overshare.)

I love the duality of Gossmere, all guilds have their own balance but Gossmere’s rings true to me above all others, the concept of being an artist, or teacher, or healer
But also a champion, unafraid to challenge those who are not respecting the gift of life.
I hope to be that. The teacher, the student, the healer, and the warrior, in my life.
I love that in Gossmere, we embrace but do not let ourselves be walked on.
We are kind, and the ear for those who need us; But we write our own stories as well.
As a good friend once told me “Its okay to be the hero of your own story.”

I love that we as a group have been exactly what the book says we are, a loose assembly of ever changing tribes coming together in this experience! In my time at Basecamp I have watched Gossmere come and go, enkindling me to continue my journey and hopefully taking a sliver of our magiq with them as they go back to regular life.
Gossmere fit me when I joined Basecamp yes, but it helped forge me into who I am now.
I love my guild and my wonderful guildmates above all else though!
(I hoped you enjoyed my half asleep ramblings, I promise Ill come back and edit tomorrow!)

11 Likes

So my favorite part of Balimora is that even though we are chaotic and mess around, when stuff gets serious we are always there. Also Donut Monday.

10 Likes

Speaking from a Guide perspective, i love that Balimora brings a sense of balance to situation. It is a different balance than what Ebenguard represents. The book says we “bring shade where lightest, light where darkest”. We go against the grain for the group, and with that brings a sense of balance while bringing a sense of chaos.

From a strictly personal level, I find great pride in that my guild has become a second family for me. Truly.

10 Likes

Oh wow. I didn’t even realize that until now. Makes me proud of going against the flow at times.

8 Likes

I love the dedication to knowledge and the constant search for information that permeates Thornmouth. Weatherwatch may be the adventurers of the heart, but I feel we are adventurers in our own right, traveling to the farthest reaches of human understanding and pushing further, finding forgotten knowledge and seeking new ideas. It satisfies some arrogant and grandiose part of me (I am not ashamed to admit that), but I also find it greatly humbling. The world is so vast and complex, and every question expands our perspective. I am blessed to be surrounded by such dedicated people who understand the call of the Mindflame too and heed the call of their own curiosity.

11 Likes

Gossmere also has the best dance moves. Amirite, @OracleSage?

10 Likes

We got groove, ill give us that :wink:

8 Likes

The best thing about Flinterforge is the fact there is always someone in the guild who will say “I can do/make/build/brew/create that thing for you”. Readily, with a grin.

12 Likes

this is basically my thoughts. Ebenguard is about providing light and bringing it to the forefront. whether that be through fighting or by standing up to the darkness.

7 Likes