Guild Headcanons and Aesthetics

How have I never seen these?! :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

I am in love with every one of these :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

I think it started from a random fashion convo on the discord, and I never thought to post it?

Somehow I have some random things like that, lol. Random bits and bobs that I forget about.

8 Likes

I have a headcanon that the Castle of VInes (Balimora) is found somewhere like Hang Son Doong in Quang Binh province, Vietnam which is th elargest cave currently found on Earth.

I picture walking through the cave mouth and as I walk over a small rise the Castle of Vines, swathed in mists is revealed to me. The castle supporting the base of a massive tree which rises far up into the distant reaches of the cave’s ceiling. The tree and nearby vines wrapping around the castle, keeping the castle and tree bound together while the vines themselves have the freedom to spread throughout the cave.

There are holes in the ceiling of the cave which lets in the moonlight, sunlight and isolated spots of rain where Balimorans will stand to cleanse themselves of a day’s work or to prepare for a task which requires focus.

4 Likes

Now this may not be exactly what you were looking for, but… Well, there’s 12 base classes in dnd, and 6 guilds… I have a few concepts of which classes go best with which guilds (though of course, it’s hard to decide with the classes that aren’t knowledge-based, since all of the guilds involve the seeking of knowledge.)

Balimora: druid, ranger
Gossmere: cleric, bard
Flinterforge: monk, rogue
Weatherwatch: barbarian, sorcerer
Ebenguard: fighter, paladin
Thornmouth: wizard, warlock

Ranger feels like a good fit for Weatherwatch too… and rogue ended up in Flinterforge because they’re crafty (literally! They’re good with their hands) but some of these could definitely do with some adjustment… What do you all think? :blossom:
EDIT: if you’re all interested, I could also talk through how I came to these conclusions?

10 Likes

I agree, Ranger seems like it could fit Weatherwatch as well. I am curious though about Monk being Flinterforge.

5 Likes

Monks in dnd are dedicated, quick-footed, and fantastic with their hands. I felt like, of all the guilds, those worked really well with Flinterforge! Though the way they channel their energy could work with other guilds as well… Monk was one of the harder ones to place.

5 Likes

@SabineBean Ah, that makes sense. I can see how they’re tricky to place.

Some of my nebulous Guild headcanons:

A standing exchange program between Weatherwatch and Thornmouth where the Lighthouse supplies Weatherwatch’s expeditions with someone on the more adventurous side to keep research notes and ship logs for them. (Every adventure into the unknown needs a Daniel Jackson/Milo Thatch sort, and Adventure is good for the Mindflame!) Weatherwatchers routinely stop by to give interviews to the Thornmouths about their experiences.

I don’t know if this is a thing anyone else has imagined, but Ebenguard has such Arthurian vibes to me in the very poetic sense of a True Knight. The Old Code from the movie Dragonheart would not sound out of place for them. So I picture at least some of them being rather mobile in small groups, riding about making sure everyone feels safe and happy, lending aid wherever it’s needed. In the sense of settling disputes where a neutral arbitrator was needed, I feel like Ebenguardians would be very trusted to fill that role.

On the opposite side of that, Balimorans would uh…not be so good at that, I think. Imagine the common dispute of a fence between two fields and a Balimoran trying to arbitrate that like,“Well the land was here first and will be here when you’re dead, why are you even arguing about this? I’ll put trees here and then you won’t be arguing anymore. Bye now.” :deciduous_tree:

12 Likes

I’m weatherwatch/thornmouth polyguild.
Thank you for describing that realationship, its exactly what was in my mind, but I was failing to put it in words or think of alternate works that had a similar relationship.

5 Likes