Fragment 14: OBSCURIOTEMPUS FOUND

We’ve got all 8 of them in record time, Mounties. Amazing job!

12 Likes

The is right

3 Likes

Woooooo. We did good folks. Brilliant work today. Shall i record something to send? Dont have a laptop though.

5 Likes

and the last three out of place
R’s are swapped too.

I’m just happy i could participate!

5 Likes

Methodology for 13: Each EE becomes E, the letter R replaces the third letter

9 Likes

Okay…so we should pop that completed methodology list onto the thread where we’re archiving these.

Also, related, we had one clue with a #. Maybe keep an eye on those now that we’ve gotten three of the anticipated four clue sets?

11 Likes

We’ll write it up tomorrow :innocent:

7 Likes

Agreed. The # questions might spell something out if we put all the answers together.

7 Likes

Let’s worry about that in the morning, when we can confer about what additional info we want to send and make sure all those of us who aren’t night owls can get caught up!

6 Likes

Fair enough.

3 Likes

All in less than an hour, guys! Great work!

8- STIRSOGETHERSOSOMBINESNTOSNE

Stir together to combine into one

Mix

First letter replaced by “S”

9 – OHTELEOFREVOERNIGHTERTAVELERSE

hotel for overnight travelers.

Inn

take out the E’s and flip the first letters

13# – THREEEELEERTEERCORMONTIRLEEBEERINNING

Three letter common title beginning

The

Each EE becomes E, the letter R replaces the third letter

Three

17 – VOUTIONGYEISOUN

voting yes on

For

take out the later vowel

19 – BONTRIBUTENRCISPENSE

contribute or dispense

Give

one letter down on the alphabet for each word

five

26 – EASUREFOWEAVYNBJECTS

measure for heavy objects

Ton

Remove the first letter and replace with W; remove the last letter and replace with N:

30 – EICHAICEIRDEIANINGEITHING

Archaic word meaning nothing

Nought or Aught

“IE” replaces first two letters of each word.

31 – VISIBEERAYSORSOURCEOFIEEMINATION

visible rays or source of illumination

Light

L replaced with e

9 Likes

Let’s keep a watch on the puzzles with pound signs just in case.

9 Likes

Thanks, @VictorianFlorist for keeping that organized and moved over to the archive thread!

10 Likes

Aye. Sounds good to me.

4 Likes

It was going to bother me until I checked so I looked back at the clues for the ones with pound signs. In the first set it was 14 and 15, then none in the second set, then 13 tonight. If you put them in numerical order it’s:
13 the
14 fee
15 there

Not sure there’s anything we can glean from that until we get the last clue set, and someone may want to double check me on that…But in case anyone else was curious, there you go!

9 Likes

Wow, amazing job everyone!

4 Likes

Did anyone else notice the timing seems a little funny in Knatz’s journal entries? She mentioned in this most recent one that it had been 24 hours since her last entry, even though we missed a day with our recordings (so for us, the entries were 48 hours apart). That reminded me that we’d had the same issue sending something in after the entry before that one. If I’m not mistaken, in both instances we had a recording ready before the midnight deadline, but the Dawson website wouldn’t let anyone submit it. In other words, recently we’ve only been able to submit a recording every two days, but it still seems to match up to a single day in Knatz’s timeline.

Hopefully I’m reading too far into this, but I’m worried our connection to the past is getting weaker and that’s what’s causing the disjointed timelines. But fingers crossed that I’m worried over nothing and our next submission goes through on the first try.

11 Likes

Wow, you really solved this superfast! Thats when I wish to live in another timezone :wink:

8 Likes

So, someone said that he owl was a familiar for Goss, and toad for Bali. What about Mouse and Cat? Wondering if the guilds are going to be relevant later…

Also, yes, timezones suck…

4 Likes

@Leigha assumed the followig about the guilds and the creatures of the poem:

King Capra, Capricorn - Weatherwatch
Unowl - Gossmere
Talking (wise) Cat - Thornmouth
Mouse with Girlish Hair - Flinterforge
Julbous Toad - Balimora
Which of course leaves Ebenguard, the Hippocamus, whom the funeral was for.

11 Likes