Fragment 14: OBSCURIOTEMPUS FOUND

Someone must’ve uploaded something…

4 Likes

We shall see when the clock strikes midnight.

6 Likes

I wonder who uploaded what, especially If none of us did…

3 Likes

It might just have a time set where it’s too late to send as well. Magiq is finicky, I suppose.

7 Likes

Well, I guess it might now after it switched to the WAV format.

2 Likes

It’s the same massage as yesterday.

2 Likes

So, there was no change in the message. I guess a file didn’t get sent after all…

5 Likes

Well, we’ll just send the message tomorrow/later today.

3 Likes

I just realized this, but the hole we need to fill (or one of them, anyway) must be between “claws” and “over.” There’s no other reason for it to change lines there as far as I can see.

5 Likes

Also, if the answer to the calming expression is “there,” then putting the two # clues together almost sounds like “feather.”

5 Likes

I really like the word “there” as the answer to 15#, though hush is also still a strong answer, as well. Your explanation here though makes “there” a more intriguing answer, and I think personally, I would be more likely to say “there, there” than “hush, hush” to calm someone down (but that’s just a personal thing, I’m sure other people are probably more likely to do the opposite).

8 Likes

Also, I guess the thing we learned tonight is that this connection is on more of a timer than we imagined. So we’ll send Oracle’s message tomorrow, perhaps as soon as the portal reopens, but after that, what will we send? I know that it’s a day ahead, and that we may learn something tomorrow which could totally change our approach, but perhaps we should start drafting earlier so we don’t get caught in this awkward situation not being able to send things. Just a thought before I head off to bed!

7 Likes

Well, hopefully by Monday we will have solved the puzzle, so we’ll send that then.

2 Likes

So, there’s something I’m not sure about - is there a particular reason why we’re withholding the answers we’ve come up with? If this speaker is indeed a way to send a sort of “voicemail” to the past, it seems worth it to just lay out everything we’ve done. Tell her the ways we’ve unscrambled the lines, as compiled by Robert here. Even if some or even all of them are wrong, maybe they can give Knatz and Lane some information or inspiration.

11 Likes

I could work on recording the progress we’ve made tomorrow. If nobody else gets to it first.

5 Likes

Couldn’t sleep, been staring at the Book’s message and thought I’d dump some 2 a.m. thoughts here.

Some people were mentioning that the puzzle box distinctly called back to “Minnying of Ojorad.” In the note from the book, the line “To ready up the mourning glade” caught my attention; the beginning of the original Minnying poem states that it was held “at Vidivinty’s glade.” That and the bit about the characters being brought together…are we somehow literally setting up the Minnying of Ojorad, or whatever scenario the poem refers to? Also, the unowl brings the acoded message specifically to the Toad, which I believe is the animal representing Balimora?

Speaking of that, I feel like the flowery, vaguely-nonsense words are just in keeping with the linguistic pattern set in “Minnying,” but I am a bit curious about that odd gap/hard break after “stretched claws.” It appears on mobile and desktop for me in the same place; it could just be computer formatting related to the Dawson display or the layout of Knatz’ online journal, but I wish I knew how the unrhyme was laid out physically on the box: that gap could be one of the “holes” the Book refers to?

I also find it a little odd that the Book’s rhyme says “dressed in the nines” rather than “to the nines,” which is the typical idiom. I wouldn’t even note it if there weren’t other things going on with numbers in the rhyme: fours and thirty-twos and whatnot.

14 Likes

We were going to do a test run yesterday to see if it was indeed a speaker, so that we could do send more info, but than we forgot to send the recording.

4 Likes

Well at least we got to test the whole not sending anything again

5 Likes

Well I’m back home tonight, I could try using Revs file on my pc? Maybe I just wasn’t able to send on mobile?

4 Likes

The plan, atleast from earlier, was to use yesterdays file today, so I have no idea who’s file it was. :+1:

4 Likes