Fragment 14: OBSCURIOTEMPUS FOUND

Welp, I guess We’ll have to wait and see.

6 Likes

Hmmm, this is weird…I haven’t seen it like this, even when I’ve accidentally clicked on the chronocompass before the time for the entry, at 12 am EST. I agree, panda, we’ll just have to wait and see.

10 Likes

You know, technically, the poem we sent does mention we are from the future. I didn’t stress about it cause I didn’t figure it would come through clearly in this dream soup we are shouting into.

But now I wonder.

8 Likes

That was intentional. Sorry if that wasn’t what we wanted.

6 Likes

Well what we want is the case open. So let’s see.

I wouldn’t worry about it.

6 Likes

Given how she’s been retaining and interpreting what we try to send, I think it’s less of an issue than it was with Augie…so the casual future reference should be fine. But the best we can do now is wait and see how she takes it.

5 Likes

If she figures out that there is a Lodge from the future “talking” to her in her dreams, props to her because that’s a lot to figure out all at once.

8 Likes

10 Likes

It’s the same, except for the “EDIT” section.

8 Likes

We did it!

7 Likes

We did it! The case was opened!

8 Likes

Now what to do with the peices.

5 Likes

If we can get them to put it together, this will be interesting!

Edit: It looks like we can start communicating messages now!

6 Likes

Also, a brass plate with holes in it? And tines, and wood? Do those components sound vaguely chronocompass-like to anyone else?

10 Likes

Wait! If we open the book in the past. That’ll cause a paradox.

What if we are opening the book here, in the future/present.

How, you ask? Wood and metal parts. We’re building something. What has been demonstrated to be capable of time travel?

9 Likes

That actually would make sense… A Chronocompass is how we’re communicating with them, so they need one to talk to us!

6 Likes

Well this is rather exciting!! And a little perplexing. Sounds like a good task for “Tomorrow Brendon” :wink:

Good job to all those involved in sending the messages the last little bit!

14 Likes

So we’ll create a casual loop paradox… Unless this was all setup in the past so that we could do it in the future, but that would still affect the past… So a casual loop paradox… crap. And we already have a Chronocompass, what would we do with 2?

6 Likes

Way to go, Team Inception! Unless we miraculously get another update before the sending deadline tomorrow, maybe we should still plan on sending something just in case NOT sending something prevents us getting a new journal entry like last time. (That is, assuming we still have the ability to send sound files by tomorrow and nothing has changed in that respect). Maybe just like, a congratulatory message or something encouraging…

9 Likes

Night brain is still stuck on “holy crap, the numbers were right!” (you know, with the edit on what year we’re actually talking to)

Would it be too direct to plan out sending a description of the chronocompass in case how it goes together isn’t as intuitive for Saberlane as Knatz hopes?

6 Likes