Fourth Fragment: The Secret Mission Part Three

Gotta say, it’s pretty lucky that the one book we found a PDF of we only had to go to page one. This code is probably specific to the editions that are in the library, and page numbers vary based on the size of the text and the spacing of the words ect.

Doesn’t matter much if we’re only looking at the first page.

3 Likes

I still feel like we are missing something with the North, South, North, South

4 Likes

I would think it would be where they are located in the library.

5 Likes

So they are all in a specific room but within that room, some are on the north side and some are on the south side? That seems logical to me

3 Likes

I just wonder what we are gonna do with it all. We’ll see what we get, hopefully it won’t take too long. :smiley:

2 Likes

So with what was said, we have:

Principles of Phonology - Trubetzkoy - 177
(Page 1, Line 7, Word 7)

The Encyclopedia of the Unexplained: Magic, Occultism, and Parapsychology - Cavendish - 434
(Page 4, Line 3, Word 4)

Classical Myths in English Literature - Norton - 498
(Page 4, Line 9, Word 8)

The Bookman’s Glossary - Peters - 561
(Page 5, Line 6, Word 1)

Is this right?

3 Likes

Everything seems right, let’s just hope we are! :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m both excited and terrified

3 Likes

I am with @Robert, maybe @H3RM3S should be taking pictures of pages 1, 4, and 5 of each book, just to be sure… as long as we can tell all the pictures apart

2 Likes

At least we figured it out. Something feels off now because it just felt way too simple… I mean, I literally just googled the words “bookmans peters” and it gave me that. Just… It felt too easy, and it usually isn’t.

2 Likes

I have the same feeling as you.

2 Likes

Like. Brandon said we’d have to work 10 to 10 to figure it out or something like that, but we managed to get the gist of it all before the 29th even begins. Maybe he just meant the whole, opening library time, but it seemed like it was gonna be more labor intensive. Let’s just hope for the best.

2 Likes

I am going to spend some more time thinking about it, I will post a “summary” before heading to bed though for @H3RM3S to read when he gets up

4 Likes

Been out of the loop on. This one, but great job everyone - good luck @H3RM3S and @CCon

2 Likes

@H3RM3S and @CCon Summary Post:

So after taking the final message which was at 10pm Eastern time, the following books were sleuthed:

Principles of Phonology - Trubetzkoy - 177
(Page 1, Line 7, Word 7) (North)

The Encyclopedia of the Unexplained: Magic, Occultism, and Parapsychology - Cavendish - 434
(Page 4, Line 3, Word 4) (South)

Classical Myths in English Literature - Norton - 498
(Page 4, Line 9, Word 8) (South)

The Bookman’s Glossary - Peters - 561
(Page 5, Line 6, Word 1) (North)

The set of numbers beside each book we believe are a page number, line number, and word number. So each number would give one word. I also laid it out a little better right below each book. The message also gave a set of directions after what turned out to be the author names. We believe these directions pertain to which side of the room they are in. The directions are right below each book they correspond to as well. Also, we were able to figure out that all the books are within Room 315 (aka The Rose Main Reading Room).

Robert came up with the idea of taking a picture of the 1st, 4th, and 5th page of each book because we aren’t 100% sure which number goes with which book. I took my best guess based on where the numbers were given in the message. I would caution on that though and try your best to differentiate which pages go with which book. Maybe take a picture of the book cover first, that way you know the next three pages/pictures go with that book. Just a thought.

Finally, there is this line:

This could mean that the message we find repeats, I don’t really know. But I think it is important. Maybe it will make more sense tomorrow. If any recruits find any errors or things that I missed, make a post in reply in this one so hopefully it can be seen.

Best of luck to you both tomorrow. I can’t wait to see what is found.

5 Likes

Guys, it’s almost 9:30.

3 Likes

I’ll be there at ten

4 Likes

We will be there in spirit!

3 Likes

Just tuned in. I set an alarm for 9 so that way I could have showered and been done before 10. Good luck @H3RM3S. Are we having a stream this time too?

2 Likes

I think so. @Ccon will send he link if he can

4 Likes