Fourth Fragment: The Secret Mission Part Three

Good point, Bells. Some of this information may only be useable in the library.

3 Likes

Not sure if this’ll help but I just learned you can actually search the New York Public library catalog online.

https://catalog.nypl.org/search/Y?SEARCH=Trubetskoy&SORT=D&searchscope=1&submit=Search

3 Likes

I recently watched a movie (or part of one, I had to come up here to help solve) that was set in new york city and there was I guess a kind of card system in the public library? Little drawers of cards. Is that still a thing, does anyone know? It took place a couple decades ago, so maybe not. If so, does it involve numbers? Maybe that’s what we are looking for? I dunno, really wild guess there.
Also thanks @Endri, really I’m just thinking of every possibility, and hoping for the best :sweat_smile: I’d rather risk being wrong than keeping it to myself in the event it is right!

Well damn, @Robert beat me to it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I think that movie was called Ghostbusters… :stuck_out_tongue: The card catalog system, yes. It’s somewhat still a thing. It involves assigning numbers to categories of books to organize them. I think that’s the same thing as the dewey decimal system?

4 Likes

Good guess, but no! It was breakfast at tiffany’s! :smiley:

5 Likes

I just recently re-watched both those movies, and I freaked out whenever I saw something I recognized, especially the lions.:slight_smile:

4 Likes

The Encyclopedia of the Unexplained: Magic, Occultism, and Parapsychology - Richard Cavendish- page 434

Classical Myths in English Literature- Peters Rushton and Daniel Silas Norton- page 498

Bookman’s Guide to Americana- Joseph Norman Heard- page 561 (?? SUPER unsure)

and the last one i can’t find anything

I may be spinning wheels here but this makes the most sense to me. Thoughts?

8 Likes

Well done Lux!

2 Likes

Great work Lux! Sounds very right!

2 Likes

Principles of Phonology by N.S. Trubetzkoy - page 177?

7 Likes

That sounds right to me @Kelsey

4 Likes

Did we just figure it out, for the most part? In less than an hour?

2 Likes

I like it. I like it. Now the directions. Maybe the lions… Patience is ont he South side of the library, Fortitude is on the north.

2 Likes

Also maybe North South North South indicate where in the library to look for the books

2 Likes

But what are we looking for in the books? Numbers? Names? What? Also it seems apparent I may not be able to watch the stream at 10 tomorrow, wonderful :angry:

2 Likes

Brandon used to scribble notes in books he borrowed from the library according to his mother. Maybe he wrote something on those pages.

3 Likes

These feel like confirmed:
Principles of Phonology - Trubetzkoy
The Encyclopedia of the Unexplained: Magic, Occultism, and Parapsychology - Cavendish
Classical Myths in English Literature - Norton

I still think we need a book with “Bookmans” and “Peters.” The Classical Myths book had a co-author with the first name Peters (?) but the rest are last names. (no offense @luxisdead, otherwise excellent work.) What do you guys think?

EDIT: I just want to make sure we send @H3RM3S and @CCon on mission with the closest-to-correct information we can gather.

6 Likes

What about

The Bookman’s Glossary by Jean Peters?

5 Likes

I got The Bookman’s Glossary by Jean Peters. But I dunno

5 Likes

Lol I just found that too - jinx

5 Likes