Fourth Fragment: The Secret Mission Part One

Again, Conversation isn’t quite there yet, but in the trial pages, the Toad is grouped with the “Angel”… that could be a reference to the Bethesda Fountain. If we can’t find an actual fountain with a frog/toad in it that is

4 Likes

Brendon - can you build on mine and Leigha’s conversation in the main thread with a suggestion that this might be Minerva - maybe because of the Athena link?

2 Likes

Is it smart to be posting all of this is the public forum space? I am concerned the devoted are watching and we are going to lead them right to the owl

2 Likes

I’m really not sure. But you are right, there’s a frog in the Bethesda fountain, but he’s very hard to see.

2 Likes

Good point - switch the subject to one of the other animals?

2 Likes

Will you take down that last post about the true owl? The Bethesda owl is good misdirection. Let’s focus on the lions, we’ve been talking about them for ages.

2 Likes

Could do - it’s a list of five possible owls. Why don’t we lead them in the wrong direction with confirmation that it’s Bethesda.

3 Likes

Ugh, I’ve got knots in my stomach. We knew this day was coming, now we have to try to find the last fragment and subvert the devoted before they find a way to reach Brandon. I need an alka-seltzer.

4 Likes

Okay - so we have the cat/Fortitude, we have the owl/Minerva, we have the mouse/Alice(Dormouse). The toad…? I’m going to search toad and frog statues.

3 Likes

I think @Brendon is right, there’s a frog in the Bethesda Fountain, he;s hard to see, but he’s there, the angel is looking down at him.

4 Likes

I’m removing some members from this thread who haven’t participated in the forum lately or at all. Reader wouldn’t have known, but I feel I know who we can trust right now and I don’t want to risk inviting prying eyes.

4 Likes

@Bash has also halted email notifications since they could get out of hand with this private message. They’ll resume once we’ve dealt with this. If we get ahead of The Devoted in this trial they’ll know we’ve broken off on our own anyway.

2 Likes

What is happening? I’m gonna catch up and contribute if I can.

2 Likes

Based on what @Brendon said about Athena and the owl, and what @Leigha said about cat/lion and fortitude, I’ve been focusing on this passage:

“Fortitude’s Peak, the nesting ‘hat’ trees of the Dor, Athena’s Copse and the clay houses of Harrynick.”

Hat trees of Dor - well that has to mean the mushroom and dormouse from the Alice statue - that @Leigha highlighted.

That leaves us with “clay houses of Harrynick” as the clue for the toad’s location. How does this relate to Angel of Bethesda do we thinkg?

2 Likes

There’s a frog in a fountain in the Jefferson Market Courthouse. He’s being eaten but he’s there…

3 Likes

Well, the Jefferson Market Courthouse is made of red brick, that would certainly be a clay house, The Bethesda terrace is famous for its Milnton tiles, made from clay.

2 Likes

That makes much more sense considering the other hints in the trials pages. Nice work @AlisonB

3 Likes

Great job @AlisonB

3 Likes

I wonder if we have to find other fountain’s, statues, etc. for the “beings” grouped with the animals.

The Cat (Fortitude) and The Saint (???)
Mouse (Alice in Wonderland) and the Sorcerer (???)
Owl (Columbia Uniiversity) and the Lady (???)
Toad (Jefferson Market Library/Courthouse) and the Angel (Bethesda Fountain??)

This is just a thought and probably not worth going down the rabbit hole right now. Just thinking outloud.

3 Likes

And this one I saw on Yelp which says it’s from the Frick Collection.

3 Likes