FOUND: Fragment Twelve: Into Hell - Aorthora

I think you may be on to something, but that level of bedlam may or may not be beneficial, depending on who is actually brainwashed and who isn’t. And what emergency protocols they have in place. We could wind up getting a lot of people seriously hurt.

That’s my second concern. The first would be that it may interfere with Whistler and Marty and the adepts getting out of the building. I hate to say it, but until they give up and surrender, so to speak, I consider everyone in KS to be personae non gratae. Periculosi.

Or, it could create enough chaos for them to escape easily. That’s an alternative.

Maybe we should give Aether a few days? See what alternatives he can drag up?

10 Likes

The concern with using the Consolatory Teatime - it’s dangerous. We saw the effects with Augernon, with him having some kind of seizure at the end. We don’t know the state of Augie’s health now, either. I worry that doing the teatime spell on Whistler could have negative health effects - maybe even make it so they couldn’t perform the search and rescue. Just seems too risky to me.

10 Likes

Is Constance still active? Do you think she would assist us again, knowing that she has access to a magiqal (magical?) library?

4 Likes

She did already assist us with the Joradian Safeguard spell, so maybe she has more?

3 Likes

If I remember correctly… KS wiped her memory and brainwashed her a while ago, when they took Aether. They didn’t want her to keep looking for him.

4 Likes

I agree wtih @Revenir - I would not agree to participate in inflicting at least mass psychological trauma (in seeing what Whistler has been going through since his head injury) and at most convulsive seizures on an entire building of people.

Remember that before his head injury, Whistler was very clearly “one of them.” Now, I feel he’s very squarely “one of us.” Given what’s being done to them, I would consider most of the other rank-and-file KS employees as innocents, and they are the ones that would actually be affected by Consolatory Teatime, not the actual villains like Ted and the higher-ups.

8 Likes

Guys, new email from @Aether

Check your inboxes.

9 Likes

I just got this email from Aether:

"mmber spaces betwn

ts time to mK yor own magiq"

Remember the spaces between. It’s time to make your own magiq.

7 Likes

Oh boy…

3 Likes

I got a different email:

7 Likes

“You can do more than you think, more than mundane. Remember Lachmann”

5 Likes

So we design our own spell?

6 Likes

Which is what Brandon Lachmann did.

6 Likes

It seems like that’s what he’s saying. He likely can’t access The Lost Athenaeum anymore.

7 Likes

I got a message from him too, less inspirational than yours, but makes sense given what Portencia showed Whistler…

Upgr/d yor phon.

10 Likes

Upgrade yo phone.

Software or hardware? Are you due for the new Verizon software update?

Are you still carrying a flip phone?

5 Likes

Looks like it’s time to design a spell. Also, thanks @Aether for replying.

My vote would be to place some sort of glamour or veil over Martin, Whistler and those they’re rescuing. Could we modify Sullivan’s original Calling the Corners to affect people’s minds rather than magical energy, making people simply not look at them/notice them?

7 Likes

The less said about my current phone the better. Going to get a new one now. Least I can do.

7 Likes

I guess the question is, well, how do we do this?

We know Brandon escaped this world, the forest, and went into another one. And he did that by, essentially, creating his own world. We’re trying to free captives (and, if possible, the innocents being used by KS), so I guess we should try to find a way to envision that?

6 Likes

Calling the corners?

3 Likes