FOUND: Fragment Twelve: Into Hell - Aorthora

That would also tie in with Moskva 787 and Europa because they’re both in space which ties in the Gods, which ties in with The Argonauts

1 Like

Wow you guys have been doing amazing things while I was sleeping!

Early morning thoughts… Bersimis-1 is in Quebec not France, but that then means we have two links to Canada.

Reading the links I feel like this could be describing places on a journey… for example travelling from Russia to France and then to Canada… Has anyone tried plotting places on a map?

And another thing to wonder about is that the Requiem song is about a golden frog. Probably a red herring but you never know

5 Likes

I may just not be familiar enough, but does this mirror Dierdre’s travels?

3 Likes

Maybe there’s a link on the Basecamp website not the forum

2 Likes

claps yay someone found a thing!

I knew we were missing something. :slight_smile:

Now to fiddle with what we’ve got…

3 Likes

I don’t remember her going to Russia. She definitely went to Canada. I’m pretty sure she went to France, but she definitely has connections to it via Anne of Brittany.
@Revenir made this map a while back.

4 Likes

Do you think this could tie into Deirdre’s future travels?
I doubt she’ll update her blog before we find the fragment though…

1 Like

Speaking of golden frogs:

The Panamanian golden frog is something of a national symbol, appearing on state lottery tickets and in local mythology. When the toad dies, it is thought to turn to gold and to bring good luck to those fortunate enough to see it. In 2010, the Panamanian government passed legislation recognizing August 14 as “National Golden Frog Day”. The main celebration event is marked annually by a parade in the streets of El Valle de Anton, and a display of Panamanian golden frogs at the El Valle Amphibian Conservation Center in the El Nispero Zoo, El Valle.

Possible link to Legoretta? This also gives us another location:

Update:
I might have found a few leads for The Swallow.

First lead:
In this Greek tale, a trio of sisters turns into birds to escape death. One of which is a swallow named Procne.
This would tie in with the Argonauts, 787, and Europia.

Second lead: In Egyptian lore, Swallows were associated with the stars and the dead. It is said that the dead could be turned into swallows. But back to stars:
In Spell 1216 of the Pyramid Texts, the pharaoh describes how he has “gone to the great island in the midst of the Field of Offerings on which the swallow gods alight; the swallows are the imperishable stars.” The imperishable stars were those near the North Star that never seemed to rise or set, and therefore were “constant”.
Ill leave that link here (not much on the page that I didn’t say, you could probably find a better resource):

http://www.egyptianmyths.net/swallow.htm

1 Like

It could be future travels…has anyone tried connecting the dots from her past travels??

2 Likes

There’s also the “miracle” of the swallows of Capistrano, at the mission of San Juan Capistrano in California, every year on St. Joseph’s Day. Swallows have special various meanings in Italian and Greek cultures.

2 Likes

Ugh…almost everything on the list has multiple meanings/ other related topics/ differences. They’d all probably connect in a thousand ways via the Six Degrees of Separation!

6 Likes

For Haussmann’s Sanctuary
I come up with references to Paris.
There is apparently a family operating a childrens shop. (probably not a lead)
Haussmannian buildings in Paris built sometime around the medieval era. (actually a historically protected area)
And a baron by that name during the same time.

3 Likes

I think Sadovay (Street) is connected with Rumyanstev via the
Rumyantsev Obelisk in Rumyantsev Garden in St Petersburg, Russia.

The article also talks about the Field of Mars which is where they buried a lot of people during the Russian Revolutions. Mars = Roman God of War.

90% sure I am reading too much into this.

Also Possible (doubt it) Lead for Player’s Frigate is the USS Constellation,
How do i know this, you ask? Well i googled Player’s Frigate Constellation and the wiki for the ship came up. Its been around for a long time and was in action during several wars (noticeably the French Quasi-War and the War of 1812) and famously fought the french ship La Vengeance.
Link is here (sorry if false lead, but we got nothing on the frigate) :/ :

3 Likes

Sorry, just some observations from a fresh pair of eyes.

Why does it say “vieux Haven” though? Why not “Vieux Port” which would be correct french or “old haven” which would be english? Why the combination?

Why are there two “s” in Cristossangre? Surely that should only be one: Cristo Sangre.

Wallonia’s Second: maybe the second largest city? the region marked 2 on the map on wiki?

Harmony’s Discourse: This could be anything from chaos to music. If looking for more mythology referances (as I’ve seen a lot of them) Harmonia is Greek, or Concordia in Latin, and Eris/Discordia is the opposite. Eris is a dwarf planet.

Royal hoop could again be anything. I always think of hoop as an ear ring, but that’s just me.

Victoire: Again, mythology would give this as Nike/Victoria.

4 Likes

The Swallow is also an egyptian hieroglyph for “wr/ur” and “great”.

Edit: Also found a couple of ships by this name following the above post mentioning one.

Edit 2: And a city in Linconshire if we’re going to follow the places route.

3 Likes

Saturn makes more sense than anything I’ve come up with.
I’m digging through my friend’s mythology and religion textbooks and all I have for Royal Hoop is several references to earrings in Hinduism (Karna Kundala, Makarakundala, and Shiva Kundala).
Even more of a stretch, Odin had an armband that gave him endless wealth (Draupnir).

Also just checked the Guide. No new assessment links there.

2 Likes

I just added something about a possibility for the royal hoop.

There are so many possibilities I think we should find some focusing points as far as searching goes. Like maybe one being: mythologies that deal with the sky/night/stars? You know to try and narrow the vast array of possibilities.

4 Likes

Agreed.
With the past two assessments, they were related to the themes of the found fragments. Assessment 1 had floral fragments and the test was about a spell. Assessment 2 had animal fragments and the test had a convoluted tetrahedron of animals. So with constellation fragments, this assessment will probably have something to do with stars/space.

Maybe we should bold space connections or make them blue or something so that they stand out?

3 Likes

Agreed! Let’s bold them :slight_smile: also I apologize if I mess up the url links. Using my phone and the spreadsheet doesn’t like to cooperate.

3 Likes

The Royal Hoop could possible be a connection to Ganymedes, the royal cupbearer of the Greek gods. He was described as having a golden hoop.

3 Likes