EternalHearts' Journal

Greetings one and all!

• First and foremost, I’m a Nautilor-bearing Ebengard who first joined (as Weatherwatch) in April 2019, but was scared off by deep insecurity, shyness, and feeling inadequate to the “standard” I perceived from the unfolding The Age of Magiq plot. About 6 months later, I’d finished Flora and Fauna and immediately bought Cosmos and Time, re-took the assessment, and finally jumped in.
  • I use she/her pronouns.
  • I was born, raised, and still live in New England. My house is nicknamed the Minty Menagerie because it’s green and full of animals. My wife and I have 1 human child, 1 dog, 2 cats, and a rabbit. We also have a plethora of wild critters because the property abuts a cranberry bog and swamp.
  • I work in higher education, specifically registration/advising., at 2 different schools. One of them is focused on language & literature, with concentrations Tolkien, Germanic Philology, Classic Literature, and Imaginative Literature. We’re definitely a haven for geeks interested in serious academic learning.
  • When I’m not working or caring for my critters, I volunteer with my local Girl Scout council and the professional organization I’m a member of.
  • When I’m not doing all of that I read, cross-stitch, or work on my family yearbook albums.
  • My fandoms are Middle-Earth, Sailor Moon, and The Dark Tower; my literary genres are fantasy, Austen, Bronte, & King, but I’m willing to read most genres outside of poetry
14 Likes

Waves in New England to @eternalhearts

4 Likes

Waves back!

3 Likes

A bit more about me - Personality Types

Guild: Ebenguard
Sun Sign: Capricorn
Moon Sign: Aquarius
Rising Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Earth Ram
Myers-Briggs: ISTJ
DiSC: Conscientiousness (strongly inclined)
Strengths: Intellection, Harmony, Discipline, Analytical, Restorative
Enneagram: 6w5
True Colors: Gold/Green
Keirsey Temperament: Guardian
Celtic Tree: Birch
Celtic Animal: Deer
Hogwarts House: Ravenclaw
Ilvermory House: Horned Serpent
Wand: Blackthorn wood with a phoenix feather core, 10 ¾" and hard flexibility
Patronus: Mastiff

9 Likes

So, I’ve just finished TBOB. The spell at the end is haunting me. Mostly because it reminds me of my own “lost collection” which I described more at Personal Magimystic Occurence.

Each Bugg Book opened with a poem.

“As you lay on a summer’s day
In a cool and shady place,
Don’t look up into the skies;
Instead look down and squint your eyes.
Squint your eyes so very tight,
And if you wish with all your might,
You’ll find the land of More-Than-Small.
In this land live buggs – that’s all!”
― Stephen Cosgrove

I know that Ilya’s spell was written long before I made that post. Maybe I’m trying to grasp at something that’s not real - something I once believed in but outgrew, but want to believe it’s real again. Maybe I’m seeking some kind of validation that I’m not imagining a connection - or that I am imagining something which doesn’t exist.

8 Likes

Journaling is not so much a thing for me; I’ve tried over the years, both on paper and online, but it never sticks. I write this because entries aren’t likely to be a regular thing and is likely to tend toward Briarverse-related thoughts and ideas.

Which brings me to today. As some may know, I have some wild blackberries/black raspberries (they are all mixed together) in my yard that I’ve been cultivating over the last few years. Today we got the first 2 of the season!

I’m looking forward to the fall when I’m installing some chainlink fencing we found in our yard as a super trellis. Once I have that, I’m going to try training the vine-style brambles in addition to the canes.

No words that I’ve been able to find…

9 Likes