Butterflies

I am now convinced that butterflies are an important clue into unlocking the Book of Briars. First was the mountaineer’s tweet regarding the revival of a rare butterfly species. Second, the notice of Deirdre Green’s use of image of same butterfly for her blog’s banner. Third, and most shockingly, was the discovery that hovering a cursor of the BASECAMP 33 banner of the website reverses the first 3, creating an image of a butterfly. Fourth, Deirdre just posted an image on Instagram of a painting. The painting is of a woman with several butterflies hovering around her. Coincidence can carry only so far.

I firmly believe the butterflies hold part of the key.

3 Likes

I’m with you Mike! Symmetry/Mirroring/Butterflies… It’s definitely a part of this. I posted this on another thread but I think it’s worth repeating.

A quote from an old Chinese philosopher Zhuangzi:

“Once upon a time, I, Chuang Chou, dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. I was conscious only of my happiness as a butterfly, unaware that I was Chou. Soon I awaked, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man. Between a man and a butterfly there is necessarily a distinction. The transition is called the transformation of material things.”

I don’t know if this has anything to do with what we’re dealing with here but this idea is out there in the universe. I’m keeping it in the back of my mind during all of this.

3 Likes

I googled phrase “The butterflies were beautiful!” from kingrabbit717 instagram image description and the first search result is The butterflies were beautiful! - Review of Monarch Butterfly Biosphere Reserve, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, Mexico - Tripadvisor

3 Likes