Brandon Lachmann newspaper

Has anyone read whats in the background of the newspaper? I see something but cant tell.

4 Likes

Same. I see words faintly but canā€™t make them out.

3 Likes

Newspaper? Can you link to it? I can try and mess with it in Photoshop maybe.

5 Likes

@Revenir, itā€™s here.

4 Likes

@Endri - Thanks! Iā€™ve been messing with the levels and so far no dice, but Iā€™m gonna keep trying.

The best Iā€™ve gotten so far is this, and it looks like some of the letters are weirdly capitalized? Gonna try and get it clearer.

3 Likes

I tried tweaking it in PS as well and didnā€™t get anywhere. At first I thought it was just the words from the other side of the paper that came through when the article was scanned but when I tweaked the levels I couldnā€™t tell if they were backwards as they should be or not. At least I donā€™t think so. As you can tell, the resolution was pretty poor. Maybe someone else can see something I canā€™t.

4 Likes

Unfortunately I donā€™t think itā€™s something weā€™re supposed to be looking at. The letters themselves are not reversed, but the words appear to be as capital letters always appear before spaces. The one part I think I can make out is ā€œoeo od(?)e(?)orP eevdaR xraā€ which is gibberish. The rest has too much image compression to make out.

3 Likes

I agree thatā€™s gibberish, but I donā€™t agree itā€™s not something for us to look at. Every other person on this list was thought by ā€˜regular peopleā€™ to have died in a given year. They all survived one way or another through magic.

Except all we have with Brandon we have a ā€˜regular person accountā€™ saying he died sometime between October 29th, 1986 and Feb 7th 1987. We are told by KRhe ā€˜did not die in 1986ā€™.

Now granted, the simplest explanation is that he lived on for a couple months after he disappeared and didnā€™t die until 1987. Unfortunately the new article doesnā€™t give us an approximate date of death though. But if a 10 year old lived by himself in an abandonded subway station in the middle of winter for 2+ months Iā€™d be curious how.

This is the one article we donā€™t have the ā€˜real storyā€™ behind. Thatā€™s odd. And when King Rabbit does something odd, it probably pays to figure it out.

5 Likes

Todayā€™s crackpot theory (almost definitely proven to be wrong shortly, but itā€™s a start):

King Rabbit has said in the past heā€™s not used to having thumbs, implying he recently acquired them.

King Rabbit talked about the treasure being soon in my (his?) hands.

Brandon left a bunch of ā€˜cryptic cluesā€™ for people to find him after he disappeared.

Brandon exhibited much the same behavior as Sullivan and Deidre green. Wandering the city, writing stories, obsession with the park.

King Rabbit was drawn to Deidre, and perhaps to others like her.

King Rabbit does not want to outright tell us what ā€˜reallyā€™ happened to Brandon.

Theory: The ā€˜real storyā€™ of Brandon Lachmann is that King Rabbit possessed him and itā€™s Brandon/KR now stalking DG. Brandon would be 40 now about?

The only major gaping whole in that theory is who was the body discovered in the station. But, if the body was there submerged for 4 months, exactly how recognizable would it have been?

5 Likes

Forgive me if this is ridiculous. Very distracted right now and havenā€™t been tracking this line of the puzzle but @Robert, arenā€™t we talking about 2 different time lines? In our time line, the Ackerly Green books donā€™t exist and the four people listed all died.

In an alternate time line, the books exist and those people didnā€™t die.

So isnā€™t your theory plausible? Could KR be Brandon? The Brandon from our time line died but the Brandon from the other time line lived and became King Rabbit. Now things from the other time line are bleeding over - Traveler, The Guide to Magiq, etc. Couldnā€™t KR/Brandon be from the other time line?

Again, not following this thread closely so may be talking out my arse. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Silly question allā€¦
how did we find this page on KRā€™s site???
http://burrowinthefray.com/among-those-who-did-not-die/
I must have been sick that dayā€¦

3 Likes

@jwwoodall3 After KR posted in the second fragment topic this happened. Thanks to @Dustin.

3 Likes

You know, I almost forgot about the ā€˜second timelineā€™ idea. The way these stories are phrased itā€™s possible they were in our timeline.

Woman who no one really knows about developed a skill in secret, and before she told anyone, got a terminal diagnosis and just disappeared one day.

Man who was thought to have died in a boat conflict actually survived due to magic he didnā€™t know he had and went on to be part of a secret operation for the military. Of course he was reported as dead by the government as a cover.

Woman with no important historical relevance is in a boat accident on the staten island ferry, turns out was a shapeshifter saved everyone and then swam out to sea never to be seen again.

Boy 400 years ago supposedly died, but was really swapped with someone else and went on to live.

Iā€™ve just been assuming those are the true stories of things that happened in this world. But youā€™re right, those could be what happened in the ā€˜otherā€™ world (We need a better name for it) and those people really did die in this world.

The only stumbling block with that is why King Rabbit said he wasnā€™t used to having thumbs. If he was Brandon from the ā€˜otherā€™ world, then that doesnā€™t fit. I just assumed he was a magical being who took over a person. Granted, that could have happened in the other world and heā€™s now bleeding over. That would explain why he was there one minute for DG and gone the next.

4 Likes

@Robert, @Ascender and I are working on a post for tomorrow that details a lot of the ā€œloreā€ weā€™ve learned from the book so far. In the post weā€™ve been calling the other world the ā€˜MAGIQ timelineā€™ because the MAGIQ Guide discovery started all of this and it technically shouldnā€™t exist here, now. I have to admit even I still bristle whenever I say ā€œthis timelineā€ and ā€œthat timelineā€ but thereā€™s only so much of this I can experience before it seems like it has to be the only answer. I canā€™t help but be skeptical. Iā€™m a Thornmouth.

4 Likes

Maybe MT for short? Magiqverse? I donā€™t know. Please feel free to come up with a better name/abbreviation. If you do, Iā€™ll update the post to reflect it.

3 Likes

Another thing for lore both us and what probably is the original group of magic users/seekers were led by a King ā€œanimalā€ .

6 Likes