Book Shop News

I see this but I need the next books first and I have a super special trip coming up that I must do all the savings for. If you arent careful ABN may come bop us both out of our candle musings.

5 Likes

I saw ads on Facebook for the shirts!

…but they redirect to the 404 page when I try to view the listing in the proper AG non-Facebook shop. :confused:

7 Likes

Yeah, Facebook takes it upon itself to create ads for new products, even if they’re private and I haven’t launched them yet. :roll_eyes: But they’re going live today! Had to work out some kinks with the customization!

14 Likes

:cjtea: :deirdreexcited:

6 Likes

Okay, it’s ready!

https://ackerlygreen.com/product/guild-pride-2021-shirt/

Because there are so many possible options, I will be manually designing and submitting each shirt individually. :sweat_smile:

To make sure I can process them all in time, so they arrive sometime in June, I am going to make this product available from right now through 2021-06-04T07:00:00Z

I will try my hardest to have this permanently in the shop someday, but my friends, there are A LOT of LGBTQ+ flags, and right now, it’s easier to make custom orders than to design a shirt for each flag.

Make sure to let me know which flag you’d like in the order notes on checkout, and I’ll send you the design for your approval!

14 Likes

Hello!

@CJB and the Ackerly Green Community Fellowship are proud to announce our first Fellowship Reserve items: Guild Badge Pins!

We’re reserving 12 pins for those who ask for them, funded by generous donations from the AG community. If you’d like one, PM this account (@Fellowship) and I’ll reply with a coupon code which can be used to purchase a guild pin in the shop.

Reminder:

• Community members Trust Level 2 or higher can request two items per year, and items are on a first-come-first-serve basis.

• When using a Fellowship coupon code, please only have one item in your cart. Any other items you might be purchasing need to be in a separate order so we can keep track of Fellowship reserve item orders.

I’m very proud of the caring and kindness in our community. Thank each of you for making this such a special corner of the world!

14 Likes

Dude, these are so awesome, I got them a couple days ago and I am so in love with them. Thanks so much for making them so cool @CJB.

15 Likes

Flinterforge Spouse loves his shirt! (I can’t put mine on until my post-op appointment in a couple weeks, though.)

Ooh! I can do this, though! Welcome to my closet.

14 Likes

That’s a good closet!

7 Likes

It’s completely Flinterforged by the spouse! Go to my journal to see the secret entrance to my witchcraft room!

4 Likes

So…update on the Lughnasa candle:

I was really, really happy with the scent I came up with, all herbs and hay and cedarwood, so over the past two weeks I made a few trial candles to get the ratio of fragrance to wax just right…

But for some reason, no matter what I try, the candle has minimal cold throw (how strong it is when unlit) and virtually no hot throw. I’ve tried nearly doubling the fragrance %, driving across town to a new wax supplier because I thought the wax might be the issue, and even using some natural additives (which I’ve never used before), which are meant to help with scent throw.

It’s just too faint.

Which means… I’m going to have to reformulate the scent completely—this weekend.

I know a few of you are looking forward to this candle (thank you, AG Alchemy fans!), and I’m sorry for the delay. I should’ve tested the scent sooner, but the past couple of months have been devoted to TBS, the new novel, and wrapping up our kids’ first school year in Portland. I just didn’t have any extra time.

I have hundreds of scent bases to build with, so I know I’ll come up with an alternative this weekend that’s just as good, if not better, but I’m just bummed I couldn’t make this one work.

16 Likes

I worked on the Lughnasa candle over the weekend and I think I’ve got it figured out. The new candles I poured are still definitely less intense than Imbolc or Beltane, but I always intended them to be an airy, lighter scent. By fiddling with the scent blend a little and adding more coconut cream to the soy wax blend I was able to boost the power quite a bit, and what I’m seeing now is that as they continue to cure they get stronger.

So, they are officially in the shop!

“Season’s peak, the first cool night, summer ending soon. A field of friends out reveling beneath a harvest moon.”

Head: Fresh Mewn Grass, Flowering Thyme
Heart: Harvest Hay, Balsam
Soul: Toasted Cedarwood, Vetiver

14 Likes

I’m happy to follow up that as the Lughnasa candle cures, the scent gets much more pronounced! The batch I’m sending out tomorrow was pouring on Monday so if you’re able to give them a few days before you light them, they’ll perform beautifully! :cjheart: :candle:

10 Likes

Two Big Shop Announcements Today!

First, omg, I’m so excited…

Neithernor Fate Dice

The Briarverse has official dice, and they’re now available for purchase!

Dice-Purple-Full_5

They come six to a set, and you can choose from an “all-guild” set or a premium set where all six dice rep one guild!

• The dice are made of silky-smooth translucent acrylic in Ackerly Green’s signature “magimystic purple” with contrasting white debossing.
  • The 1-5 sides of each die have both numerical symbols and “+” and “-” symbols to work seamlessly with the Neithernor RPG and other Fate-based games, as well as any game requiring standard dice.
  • The sixth side of each die is emblazoned with one of the six Briarverse guild symbols: Weatherwatch’s torch and telescope, Gossmere’s lotus, the Flinterforge furnace, Ebenguard’s bow and arrow, Thornmouth’s lantern, and Balimora’s entwined trees.
  • Each set comes prepacked in a black velveteen bag to ensure they arrive ready to roll and in pristine condition.

Neithernor: RPG

Second, the Beta version of the Neithernor RPG guidebook is officially live!

We made big changes to clarify and expand on character creation and game mechanics (see the full changelog here) and basically rewrote the example game within the guidebook from scratch!

If you already pre-ordered the Hardcover, Paperback, or Complete Digital version of the book, you can download the Beta for free!

13 Likes

Agh they look so cool!

3 Likes

I had an AG Alchemy question that I thought might be useful to others:

What’s the cold throw of the full-scent wax melts like? I’m not supposed to have candles or wax warmers in my apartment, so I was thinking of just…using a wax melt at room temperature as a room fragrance thing, and I was wondering if that might work?

5 Likes

While I can’t answer the question directly, is the wax warmer rule about flames or the hot liquid wax, because there are options for electric warmers.

4 Likes

I don’t know about the melts, but I catch a whiff of my lidless Magiq candle from the other side of my bedroom when it gets a bit warmish.

6 Likes

So…the lease is a bit weird and contradictory…like, candles are prohibited but then there’s another clause that says if you light candles you’ll be charged on move-out for any soot that has to be removed from the walls? so like, it’s prohibited but they expect people to do it anyway??? So a tea light wax melter is definitely out. There’s another section that prohibits “strong smells” in general (and that’s about as specific as that clause gets)…so I was hesitant to do an electric one as well, but figured a room temperature thing would be not so strong it could be smelled from the hall but maybe strong enough to still work in my (small) apartment?

(is it possible I’m over-thinking this? yea. but I’ve had a number of weird maintenance things so I don’t want to risk bending rules when maintenance has been having to come so often)

7 Likes

Hi Tink! So the melts, when melted, can usually be smelled about 1-1.5 rooms away. They’re not overpowering (Magiq is the strongest in both candle and melt form) and when each cube is remelted becomes fainter and fainter, until it doesn’t give off scent after 3-5 uses. They’re fairly scented even without being melted, but I’d say they’d be about .5 a room’s worth of scent “cold.” I think you’d be fine with an electric warmer, but if you’re concerned, then having them at room temp or even so where sunny would be a great alternative. Usually in leases, in my experience, when they prohibit “strong smells” it’s usually about cooking. :cjheart:

6 Likes