Book Club: The Monarch Papers: Flora & Fauna

As requested, a place for those reading The Monarch Papers: Flora & Fauna to share musings, thoughts, and guesses about the book.

7 Likes

So I’m wondering if Deirdre forgot her father similar in manner to how sebastian forgot Marty and with his death something changed.

My musing on the LT were correct though I wish they had not been.

And still mulling over this dread on reaching the Cagliostro chapter.

8 Likes

Musing/possible spoiler

is ascender Calgiostro o.o

I feel like I will have to reread the books multiple times. I should have been making notes from the start

7 Likes

I agree with the taking notes of all the things, lol. I don’t feel like a very good Mounty for not keeping sidenotes. :joy::joy::joy:

Possible Spoiler, for my own amusement.

The Crimson Hall has two set of hexagonal structurres…is it a place to perform the same spell that they want to perform on Deirdre, but maybe on someone else?! Everything is so connected, so it almost makes sense!

8 Likes

Will, finished Flora And Fauna a couple hours ago! The whole thing was a thrill and one of those stories that always kept the wheels spinning and I absolutely loved it! On to Cosmos and Time now! :slight_smile:

@CJB , Great job! I also loved the Wiccan references of Widdershins and deosil and sky clad. You either have some experience in the pagan world or you did your homework very well!

10 Likes

I need to sleep…but I also have another book to read.

CJB that was amazing. I don’t have much more to say right now bc I am just processing it all.

10 Likes

I just started reading last night and am almost already finished. Not many books have done that to me, even if I loved the plot. This has been the first book in a while to really capture me and have me lose track of time completely. I feel like a middle schooler again, lmao. I get the feeling that it’s going to be the same for the rest of the books thus far.
Also, I find myself having to go back so. often. And every time I say to myself, “I need to take notes.” And then I don’t. oops.
On another note: CJB, how did you orchestrate all of that??? how??? You’re insane. (In a good way.)

8 Likes