Baymor: The Letters Return

I’m putting H.A.'s letter at the top of each of these, sorry to anyone who wants to poke at all the puzzles.

Last year, I sent a box to Saberlane that seemed to have a magiqal past to it (seen here).

I made the foolish mistake of not copying the letters inside before sending, and two of them were lost after Sabes sent them off to other Mounties to solve.

Imagine my surprise when, while organizing my digital files, I came across a document I didn’t recognize.

It was a copy of the seven letters, and the numbers on six of them were different than before.

Here’s the less-puzzling of the seven letters:

Through one of our mutual acquaintances, Mercy came to access what the men seem to be calling the All-Seeing Eye. Knowing it for what it was, she sent it on to me in her last correspondence, believing someone of my House would know best what to ask.
When the Eye opened to me, it told me of Hope for the fight in which our mundane brethren are embroiled. As for the second request, a far future was Illuminated. One where our Houses no longer have need to meet in secret betwixt one another as we do now.
It is with these descendents in mind that we leave these messages. Each of our secret group has written a small note, twice-encoded to keep others in our respective Houses from stopping us, addressed to our future counterparts. To my knowledge, none of them contain any Earth-shattering information about our Houses, just a short greeting from each of us.
The Eye granted me the two cyphers used, and left with a clue to decrypt it.
The book will Guide you to play fair.
It means nothing to me, but it may to you.
Until your time comes, we shall continue to protect It, even from one another.
Faithfully Yours,
H.A.

And here’s the letter that was labeled “Baymor” (I had to screenshot it, pasting the contents wasn’t working :cjmagiq:)

Baymor

10 Likes

oh no, THE NUMBERS RETURN!

I-
I can help, but im terrified by the very existence of this thing.

8 Likes

What is this fresh hell :joy:

8 Likes

:deirdrexd: :steve:

6 Likes

Well, I think the first part is simple enough. Just need a few minutes to look through the guide to find the correct letters (I say as if it’s not gonna take like half hour)

7 Likes

NUMBERS. :scream: I’m no great shakes at codebreaking, unfortunately. But I can cheer folks on and provide digital coffee/tea/muffins. :coffee:

7 Likes

So, I just got down to 52 16 9 ad realised I’d been counting wrong… Well, at least I wasn’t on the third column, I suppose.

Edit: and now with the altered counting I’m getting words that aren’t long enough… :brandonthinking: :ascendershrug:

Edit 2: urg, my head hurts

[spoiler]Edit 3: No wonder I’m getting nowhere. I didn’t realise the digital and physical were different, @Ashburn, and had been using the physical…[/spoiler]

8 Likes

[spoiler]Oh jeez… :eaveshug: [/spoiler]

5 Likes

Seconded.
In theory, once I’ve got a couple tools made (about to test on the Thorinth set) and sorted OCR(for the Baymor and the others), I can whiz through them all in 5min :cjmagiq:

Then just need to find the right keyword for the second cipher.

7 Likes

Waitwhat?

So which are we supposed to be using?! Because I only have digital…

6 Likes

[spoiler]When the original physical letters were sent out last year, they required the physical copy of the Guide. Those copies won’t work for these numbers. You’re good. :laurensmile: [/spoiler]

6 Likes