Basecamp 34 Update - 1/16/20

Same.

16 Likes

I think a separate thread is a great idea!

15 Likes

Quick question, and I might have missed it–are we doing this all at once or rolling out over the timezones? Need to know when to set my alarm for!

12 Likes

I don’t think we officially discussed that - thanks for the reminder! My instinct is that, given that we’re opening up a container of pure magic and we don’t know what consequences that will have (or whether anyone else knows about it), it would be best to get as many of our “seeds” as possible planted in pretty quick order once Sabes activates the aliquary in order to anchor/stabilize it. However, once we’ve gotten those initial roots set up, we can continue to pass that magic along through subsequent casters, so anyone who isn’t available right then for whatever reason can join in throughout the day to extend the seeding.

TL;DR - the more people we can get at 0900 EST, the better, but if you can’t make it then, any time after that during the day is also good and helpful. Sound good?

17 Likes

Works for me!
I’ll get all my stuff ready to go, then.

16 Likes

New casting thread is up! Head here in the morning to help us spread some magic. (And let me know here if I got anything wrong in the setup info or whatever.)

16 Likes

Looks good to me!

And I’ve got all my parts ready to go for tomorrow morning. :aetherdetermined:

15 Likes

I’m ready to go at 0900 HST tomorrow. Let’s make the world a better place :green_heart:

12 Likes

I’ll try to be there as soon as I can but I might have to be a late anchor…also…for those of us not particularly good at the writing part, does step 1 have to be particularly intricate? Would a simple story bit be sufficient, do we think?

16 Likes

Absolutely. Simple is good. See you all tomorrow.

17 Likes

Sounds good! I’m excited to see what tomorrow brings, and ready to help spread some magiq. Whatever happens tomorrow, it’s been a joy to see everything that has happened just in the half year I’ve been around - here’s to a new age and all of the wonder to come :purple_heart:

14 Likes

Hm. I don’t know about the rest of my fellow east-coasters, but north of Philly, it’s so foggy I can’t see beyond the neighbor’s house across the street.
Guess it’s a good day for this spell. Can’t wait to get started!

16 Likes

Um … the Book of Briars just…changed.

15 Likes

I’d say that means we’re doing something (something right, I hope)! If you haven’t posted cast yet, make sure to head over to the Wellspring Casting Thread to help us out. We need almost the help we can get jumpstarting the new book!

15 Likes

It’s beautiful.

15 Likes

Finally back to some internet, thought I’d hoped my phone would let me post while I so out, so I’m adding what I did now. Keep them coming guys if you haven’t already posted!!

14 Likes

It’s so lovely :heart:

13 Likes

Just read yours. Finding Thrain’s key to Erebor hanging on a tree would be the coolest thing ever, what an awesome thing to leave behind! :slight_smile:

14 Likes

You guys are doing great so far! I love reading your stories.

Can anyone post and add to the spell or was there people chosen beforehand? Would love to help out any way I can!

14 Likes

Please post your story and focus object, too! The more people we have supporting the flow and spread of magiq, the better!

15 Likes