An open thank you letter

In June of 2017, I joined this forum. I was thirteen. I was eager, loud, and active, but i was also very broken. I made this place my solitude. I came here when i needed to get away from outside forces out of my control, and i loved it here. The people here were kind, accepting, and loving. This was my hideaway, but it was also my bad habit. I came here to hide, not to heal, but I couldn’t see that, because temporary healing was good enough for me. when I realized how bad this habit was, I left without warning. I felt like i needed to properly heal before coming back into this community. and i did.

I’m now fifteen. I got diagnosed with generalized anxiety and a mild case of clinical depression in early June of this year. I came out as Transgender MTF to my close friends and family. A lot has changed, but it’s all been for the better, and I’m still living my life everyday. Some days are better than others but that’s just how life is. I’ve made friends who love me and care for me. My friend sent me a text today saying how much she appreciates me.

So I’m writing this for two reasons. Firstly, for whoever needs to hear it, everything gets better. Trust me. Secondly, I want to say thank you. Thank you to everyone who ever interacted with me on here, who complimented me, helped me, played online d&d sessions with me ( @Cj_Heighton I still blame you for getting me hooked on it ) I’ll probably never forget my time spent on here. Don’t worry, this isn’t an official leaving post, this is more of a tentative returning post. I’ll try my best to stay active. But truly, trying our best is the most we can ever do.

25 Likes

I think this place is a refuge for many of us. Please don’t feel bad for leaving or anything. We’ll always be here for you, and I applaud that you knew yourself well enough that you realized you had to step away. :cjheart: Recovery is often a strange, winding road, but I’m proud of your progress. As someone who struggles with anxiety and depression myself, I know how hard it can be to get back on your feet sometimes. :purple_heart:

17 Likes

Hey gold. Seriously, why WOULDN’T I get you into DND? Its awesome! Good escape from reality, which is partially why I gave it to you. Glad to hear it helped a little, like it helped me. Im happy to hear you’re tenatively returning, I really missed hanging out! ^^

Good to see you again, hope you stay a while

12 Likes

Saying you’re proud of my progress is honestly so heartwarming to hear :heart:

12 Likes

I’ll definitely stay awhile if it means more sessions! Thanks for the support and fun!

11 Likes

Hey Gold! It’s great to hear from you again! I’m so glad you’re doing well and getting better! Your strength and determination give me hope for a better tomorrow. You’re an inspiration to us all and I can’t wait to see you around here more!

9 Likes

I’m somewhat new to this forum, but when I was your age I was also using online forum chats to escape my own troubles.
I am so proud of you for recognizing that you needed to speak your truth, and that you found people in your world who were able to hear it.
I hope this community gets to be a hobby and not an addictive hideaway for you, and I hope you’re able to continue sharing your magiq with those you love offline.
:heart:
~*Hekate

9 Likes

I am new to this whole universe but so far it is a beautiful place of acceptance, adventure and cooperation. No matter who you are or what choices you’ve made or will make, we all deserve to be loved regardless. We’re really all the same, why not treat each other like humans and not the monsters we make out others to be. All that to say, it’s not always easy to be honest about who you are. It takes courage to be honest, and your story so far is an inspiration, even to us older ones. So from somewhere across the world, much love to you all

8 Likes