Ackerly Green's Secret Society Novella Discussion Topic

I took a break from my current read to start the Secret Society novella. I’m about a third of the way through, but it’s bringing back so much nostaglia for me! Woolie! The Tales of Wonder Radio Show! Seeing all the cool places people went to check for memory fragments!

Hats off to @Catherine for compiling, formatting and for her insights!

I figured we could start a thread here to discuss as thoughts about the book came up.

15 Likes

Frankly, I had the same experience when proofing it. Secret Society feels like eons ago!

11 Likes

Right?!?

10 Likes

It does, and I came in just after all that. It’s very cool to read through it in a conjoined manner. The transition from posts to novella was very well handled.

13 Likes

That was all @Catherine’s design and is now the gold standard for our epistolary novels.

13 Likes

Where can I read it, if you don’t mind me asking?

5 Likes

It’s available for everyone on the AG website bookstore and also on pretty much every e-reader app. It’s on the AG+ library for download for subscribers, too (included in the price of subscription).

8 Likes

Guess who vaguely remembered that after purchasing. :joy:

10 Likes

I’ve just started reading. I came into this world rather late, but just a few pages in and I’m already sad knowing that @Saberlane is gone…

10 Likes

… yeah, that’s an understatement. So I finally got to the parts that overlap my first few months here, reading through posts and catching up.

I’ve read Eaves’s posts. But reading them again in that context is so powerful—it hit me in a way it didn’t while reading them the first time, probably because I was so focused then on the hints and clues (Thornmouth) instead of the emotional freight.

And now the emotional freight done run me over. Frankly, @Catherine’s adaptation work is amazing. Run, don’t walk, etc. etc.

12 Likes

Great portrait on the author’s credit page at the end!

8 Likes

Might the novellas be added to GoodReads? I’m jonesing to add them to my collection (and to my 2020 reading totals!)

9 Likes

Absolutely! We’ll look into that this week!

8 Likes

Here you go!

13 Likes

You’re the best!!!

10 Likes

Ty so much it will save me time trying to find them when I get up to them.

7 Likes

Now, I know I was here for all of this, but that’s not gonna stop me from reading these :eyes: :blossom:

11 Likes

A refresher can never hurt! :cjsmile:

5 Likes