Where members of the Ackerly Green community share their writing and get to know each other better in a personal microblog version of the forum.
Think of it as your own little Neithernor that you can shape to your liking and others can visit!
- Community members at Trust Level 2 or higher can create their own journal.
- Members at Trust Level 1 or higher can comment in journals.
- The first post in your journal will have some information about what to include but you can share whatever you like.
- The journals are subject to the same guidelines we have for the forum.
- TO be clear, unlike the in-world areas of the forum, content in the Journals will not be used in any way for narrative. If there happens to be a coincidental connection between something in the journal and something in a future narrative, is purely coincidental.
The journal mechanics are very similar to how you create a topic or reply to a post on the forum, but there are a couple of key differences.
“Primary posts” are the posts you create in your journal and they will look like typical topics and replies. Those are your “blog” entries.
To create those, use this “New Entry” button:
The big difference In Journals is that reply posts are indented to show that they are either comments to a primary post or a reply to a comment.
To comment on someone else’s primary post, use this button:
And to reply to a comment in a journal, use this button on that comment:
And that’s all you need to know to get started!
Two last things:
- Be sure to add the link to your personal journal in your forum profile so people can easily find you by clicking on your avatar.
- If you find someone whose entries you really enjoy or maybe an ongoing story you want to keep track of, just change your tracking settings below the journal here: