4. The Search For Magiq: Peering Arts

Great work everyone!

And remember, if you find spell sickness kicking in, drink plenty of fluids, rest and please do not operate heavy machinery.

19 Likes

Good luck, everyone. :cjheart:

15 Likes

Oh godā€¦ I totally forgot about that. I have work today. Letā€™s hope itā€™s not bad :grimacing:

11 Likes

How would a newbie identify symptoms of spell sickness? :grimacing:

10 Likes

It affects everyone differently. Iā€™ve never personally experienced it, but headache, fatigue, nausea, body aches, drowsiness are all pretty common symptoms Iā€™ve heard reported around here.

16 Likes

Ah good to know. Can there be a long delay before it hits you? Maybe Iā€™ll be able to sleep through itā€¦

8 Likes

Some people donā€™t get it at all. I joke that Iā€™m so exhausted from my job and three young kids (each 5 years old and under) all the time that I just canā€™t tell whether I have spell sickness or not, because I pretty much always feel this way.

19 Likes

With the heat and various other ailments I was already suffering, I have to doubt Iā€™d notice one more thingā€¦ Though if I do Iā€™ll be sure to take care of myself (even better than I already am! Iā€™ll even take a break from packing if I need to) and hopefully itā€™ll be not too bad for everyone else too! Something so big is definitely going to cost something, thatā€™s only fair.

16 Likes

Iā€™ve definitely noticed. My entire body is sore. I feel like Iā€™ve been hit by a truck. Hopefully it was worth it.

13 Likes

Hmā€¦ Anyone seeing anything in their journals? Keeping mine close just in case, and itā€™s so tempting to check it like every 2 minsā€¦ Should we tell Eaves weā€™ve tried the thing too?

13 Likes

Be patient, I feel like weā€™ll know when to open themā€¦ (though the temptation is there for me too omg) I think telling Eaves is a good idea! Itā€™ll be good to check in on their side too, see if anything is changing.

15 Likes

I agree with @SabineBean . Something like this might take some time to fully kick in. Iā€™d rather not rush it and miss something important.

14 Likes

Soā€¦ Anyone want to try messaging Eaves? Not feeling too great last few days, think the spell sickness caught up to me finally, so Iā€™m not really in a place to do it.

10 Likes

Iā€™d be available to do it in a few hours, but of course if anyone else would like to give it a try thatā€™d be good too!

12 Likes

I think you might as well, since we know that youā€™ve been able to get a message to him before.

9 Likes

Alright! Well, Iā€™ll give it a go now then if thereā€™s no qualms? Iā€™ll basically mention that weā€™ve done the spell and are now waiting, all journals are still unopened and weā€™ve not yet noticed any change except for the spell sickness to confirm that weā€™ve worked magiq. Does that sound fine, or is there more to add?

10 Likes

That sounds good to me.

5 Likes

and hereā€™s a screenprint just to make sure weā€™ve got it if it disappears! (Which it hopefully will)

EDIT: I donā€™t know how to work this device properly so a full-screen shot is all I know how to take haha

14 Likes

I think Eaves has to reach out to us, then we reply. Once that happens, it closes a ā€œcircuitā€ (so-to-speak) and both messages vanish.

10 Likes

Well, it was worth a try anyway! But yeah, it clearly hasnā€™t disappeared off yet, so you may be right.

9 Likes