4. The Search For Magiq: Peering Arts

I haven’t been having any trouble

3 Likes

I’m having some trouble, on a few different computers. Thought it might be my wifi at first, but it’s still giving me an error at work.
I can work around it but it is a tad annoying.

4 Likes

Any hurdles left to start casting? I’m sure it’s the lack of caffine early in the morning, but I had to spend a couple minutes trying to remember what we’re even doing. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

You and me both man. I think all that’s left is making sure the journals are all set and everyone has their object

7 Likes

Also if we want to just do this over the course of the day (in which case I can pretty much kick us off in a few minutes), or have a set time so we all post with the same hour ish.

5 Likes

Hi guys! Been away for a bit, but wanted to let y’all know that the spell engineering going on here is super impressive!

Also thought I’d throw in my two-cents from a theoretical Magiq-engineering perspective on the Sun/Moon bits; I like the idea of keeping the references correct to the elements themselves. I think reversing the order and poetics helps with discovery, whereas inverting the compass positioning itself puts us further away from lodestoning the actual elemental shards we’re trying to draw (for whatever that’s worth).

17 Likes

The only thing that I would add is and additional bit of knowledge about the Veil spell:

The Neithercouriers could circumvent the veil for sometime, as well. We don’t know if they “stopped” working because our reserves of magiq were too low to support them in our reality or if the Veil was adjusted once the loophole was discovered, closing the doors to Neithernor and cutting us off from this resource.

15 Likes

And that would be a journal entry correct @Augustus_Octavian?

7 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking - adding it to the journal entry list @Robert compiled.

9 Likes

Gotcha ok. Will do!

6 Likes

Once I write all these things in the notebook, I should be ready to go. :laurensmile:

Edit: All that is written in my journal and then some (mostly just expanded verbiage). :hermanthumbs:

10 Likes

Okay, if we’ve nailed down what we want to use, I’ll write down and post? (I’ll wait a little just in case, say until quater past?)

11 Likes

(took a little longer cause apparently my phone hates transfering pictures over wifi…)

“Life ends in death, as death ends in life
A calm, placid world of never ending strife
Bring forward the Wild into the written world”

@Nimuir

(I just realised Nimuir is in Aus, so this might take a while…)

19 Likes

(Im glad I had time before uni to play my part! [spoiler]The pen feels very cliche but this specific one has a lot of meaning to me so…[/spoiler])

“The flame of Thought grows ever stronger,
Within the veil we wait no longer,
We seek the truth through the power of written word.”

@Ashburn

17 Likes

Moons ascend their nightly ride
Pulling back the ebbing tide
Baring to us what once was hidden beneath the veiling waves

@Fury

[spoiler]And no, I did not realize there was a bottle opener on that until I looked at the picture. :sweat_smile:[/spoiler]

18 Likes

Hey I got called in to work I will be off in an hour or so. If you need to finish the spell go for it. If not I will have it done as soon as I get home

8 Likes

Quench and cool, let structure show
Make leave of the Earth below
Raw component once hidden now revealed to our seeking eyes
@SabineBean

16 Likes

The breeze that turns the endless pages,
Adrift and unseen through the ages,
All encompassed in sincere refrain.

@Cirydae

19 Likes

I’ll be at home in about half an hour or so, will post as soon as I can OTL

8 Likes

67227932_714724948986880_2521489400135680000_n

67603468_443152486541035_5940056202636427264_n

“Born of and to, light hidden from our vision
Set in motion by lovers boon and red sun risen,
Gaze and understand the setting sun.”

[spoiler]my apologies for the eleventh-hour text change, I spliced the two versions together to get a reversed rhyming pattern and keep the sun element. [/spoiler]

20 Likes