4. The Search For Magiq: Peering Arts

CRAP. I JUST left home, too! Gonna be late to this ;-;

10 Likes

Oh, wow. I think Robert was right, this does have something to do with the Peering Arts spell.

In the old BoTW AG paperwork there was one mention of a revised edition of The Guide to Magiq that included a test for determining your “guild bearing”, but it wasn’t clear if it was ever finished or just a concept.

We found another piece of the Guide. Incredible.

19 Likes

so its a sub-guild? Is this going to create infighting? Should we be cautious about this?

11 Likes

I doubt it. At least not for us. The 3 Balimora bearings look very compatible. And we have new affinities to explore.

Inwardian Eye . I’m guessing something to do with introspection and empathy.

19 Likes

We should create a topic for those who figure out the solution to discuss their results. I don’t want to spoil anything, but I just unlocked it too. It’s like reading the Guide for the first time.

18 Likes
17 Likes

Man, all the people I wish could be here to see this. Ascender, Itsuki, Augernon. You found something new, a light in the darkness. I’m proud of you, Mounties.

20 Likes

Not to jump the gun or cut the celebration short or anything, but… How do we get this out to everyone else? Maybe these new affinities can help the Sanctuary and other lodges - but can they access it if they haven’t been able to access the forum? I know they’re sort of… two different things, but with the veil getting thicker and pushier, I want to extend as much help to our friends as we can.

17 Likes

It’s a good question, @Hekate. I think this is where we come back to @Augustus_Octavian 's idea of brainstorming ways to use the affinities to get through.

The best part of combining these two ideas is that if no one knew about these affinities before, or at least they were very rare or lost knowledge, then it’s possible Determiner 12 wasn’t build to stop these new affinities.

They might just go right through and give us new ways to reach out. I’m hoping some of the gossmere find some more detailed communication affinities.

19 Likes

I had some ideas for reworking the determined 12 along with some protection spells. Ill take a photo of my notes when I get to work… I left them on my desk.

12 Likes

Hhh. Still super struggling on what i need to do. Which guilds match which symbols, again?

7 Likes

Tides - Ebenguard, Ore - Flinterforge, Thought - Thornmouth, Wilds - Balimora Light - Weatherwatcher, Aether- Gossmere :wink:

12 Likes

Was wholly convinced that tides was weatherwatch. Rip.

Got it!

6 Likes

Rough thoughts for Editing Determiner 12 and helping the Sanctuary

Determiner 12(Veil/Guide of Magiq) is a ward in 3 parts, Physical, Virtual, Group.
We dont want to destroy it, but expand it to include Sanctuary.
Sanctuary can either be a physical location or a group.

Edit the physical ward

• Positive, protects anyone physically in Sanctuary.
  • Downside, Silver are possibly already on to the Sanctuary location. The veils protection would stop the silver getting to the actual location(eg trying to go to Martys house), but the Silver could camp out and attack anyone who leaves, if Sanctuary is remote then this is a big risk.

Edit the group wards

• Positives; Sanctuary people are protected wherever they are. Physical location can be compramised and people will still be hidden. Communication should become simpler theyre on the same side of the viel so physical and virtual messages become possible, wont require magic to communicate. Potentially also protects physical/magical items owned by Sanctuary.
  • Downside, Groups are harder to define, inherently more vague than a definable physical location. If anyone in Sanctuary has been compramised they might be included and we might invite evil in by accident.

I’m assuming an edit isnt a full casting and since the majority of magic for Determiner 12 has been cast, there should be less, touch wood no, risk of death.
However… I’m thinking spells within spells, to protect the casters who are trying to edit Determiner 12.

• Outer protection hexagon- Calling the Corners - Grounding Hex
    Elemental magical (lightening) rods, grounds out any rebounding magic
    20.5.The Secret Society: Calling the Corners for Saberlane and Woolie (Complete!)

• Power Hexangons (3x6) - Inital half of Cataclysm spell
    Gifting the power of items to the inner main casting
    3.5. The Search for Magiq: Casting The Cataclysm

• Inner protection hexagons - Fern and Ways’ Concealment/The Mountain’s Shroud
    Used to hide the casters, if they cant be seen they cant get caught in magical shock wave. (I’ll grant this is tenuous at best, I think this spell hid Marty + escapees from the storm during the raid on KS, my reference might be off)
    SOLVED: Fragment Twelve: Spell Creation - #422 by Augustus_Octavian

• Inner Edit Casting formed from 3 casters
    Call upon the Veil/Guide of Magiq, show we were chosen by Acenser to be protected and tell a story of his hopes and dreams for us. Tell our current story and our dreams, how Sanctuary is part of that, gift our combined power to the Veil/Guide of Magiq and entreat the Veil/Guide of Magiq to expand its protections to include the Sanctuary.

• 1 representative of the forum and personification of Acenders Legacy
    • 1 representative of Sanctuary Group and embodiment of their group, their aims, their goals their goodness…
    • 1 primary caster, channel for Power hexagons + Editor of Determiner 12. Focus point for intent, eyes for the Veil/Guide of Magiq to see physically what we want in teh form of the Forum and Sanctuary reps.

It is essential that the representative of Sanctuary is the true embodiment of the goals they have stated to us, they must not have been compramised by Silver, as the edit might then also invite in the silver. The visualisation of the Sanctuary group needs to be vague enough so that a minor mistake in someones past would not necesarily exclude them from the Sanctuary Group we define to the Veil/Guide of Magiq. But is also needs to be specific enough to exclude Silver people or traits that would threaten us if brought inside the wards.

The story that the Inner Edit Casting group makes will need input from someone else, I’m no story teller and I never knew Ascender, it wouldnt be right for me to presume his hopes and dreams it will need someone who knew him.

I thinking this set up gives us poetry in numbers that refelcts the numbers/staves/circles in the runes. 3 protection circles(hexagons), 3 power circles, 3 Primary casters, 6 outer rings 2 for each of the 3 casters.
Downside with this set up is its people hungry! 39 people…

12 Likes

so, it would appear i have some kind of seer capability according to this second assessment. The Inwardian Eye? Does that sound familiar to anyone? Do i have a similar ability to the one they call the seer in the sanctuary? Can i… Can i help guide us, provide a way forward?

8 Likes

Also, do we want to send a message to Eaves?
Message loop has been active for 3 days (huh thought it had been longer)

Along the lines of:

Hay Eaves
We discovered some more details about the Mountaneer Guilds, this might have something that can help us all, if nothing else it seems to be giving us more knowledge about magiq.
We’re also investigating a way to expand the veil to protect you too.
We dont have much atm, but want to reduce the strain on you and hopefully reduce your spell sickness so we’re closing the message loop, message us again on 2019-09-xx and we should have more info. If we dont hear from you on that date we’ll try using the same skills you’ve been using but in reverse.

15 Likes

Should we point them to the page in the guide that leads to the new discoveries? We don’t even have to give them the key, AlisonB will figure it out for them in no time.

I think they should see it, since the guide is the gatekeeper it should be both in and out of the veil. But I’m fuzzy on how it all works.

14 Likes

@Robert I think it’s only right that we share this. We aren’t meant to keep the guide to ourselves. Also @Cj_Heighton that’d be awesome. I have Circlaerion Vision. Maybe we can put our heads together and figure the path out?
Edit: looking over some of the other new affinities it looks like Unifiers will from the flinter side could be really useful for the spell edit. It could possibly help focus all of our thoughts and ideas about how we want to edit the spell when the time comes.

9 Likes

did i miss where we figured out how to get past the password? cause im a little confused as of right now.

10 Likes

I figured it out last night, about 7pm. General instructions for the password under the screenshot I posted.

7 Likes