3.5. The Search for Magiq: Casting The Cataclysm

So we need 5 more volunteers I think?
Also, there isn’t much mention of this, but there’s a chance our objects might not survive the spell. I mean, that’s not stopping me, as I’m prepared to give basically anything for magiq and our community, but still… even the name of the spell is ominous.

12 Likes

That’s what it sounded like to me, from the reply we got from the Searchers. :cold_sweat:

10 Likes

Aren’t the old Herman pins enchanted in some way? Couldn’t some people use those since they would definitely have magimystical potential of some sort?

11 Likes

I am able and willing to help. I think i have something. I hope its enough.

Edit. I think the Herman pins are more endpoints of a single spell rather than individually powerful. Remember magiq is fueled by passion and intent. If you have anything you care about deeply you suspect to be the least bit…special…it should work

13 Likes

Makes sense. I do have an object of my own, but I was curious if that might also be on option.

11 Likes

I’ve got the object if you’ve got the time to listen.

10 Likes

Random musing: it might be good to have a couple reserve members, just in case someone forgets or otherwise can’t post.

11 Likes

I was just thinking of that :joy: we’ve still got a couple spots on the primary roster left. Also…how do we want to handle the final casting? Should it be one person (for simplicity’s sake), or a group? If it’s one person, should it be the last person to contribute an item, or someone else? If it’s a group, should it be everyone who contributed or a fresh group…there’s still so many questions!

13 Likes

Maybe the last person, for simplicity’s sake?

8 Likes

Hmhm. Can i just like… record mine, or does it have to be written?

7 Likes

I believe the searchers said verbal or written was fine. Posting a sound audio clip should work, but I wouldn’t record it til the day of your turn…just to keep the energy on one day. But in reality, record it ahead of time and post it on your day, sure.

13 Likes

gotcha

7 Likes

Also as your (admitedly self appointed) magimystic attorney I feel I must point out the fine print.

But she found it to be impossible, and every time the spell was attempted, there was a brief but cataclysmic eruption of energy as the borrowed magic almost broke but instead rebounded, often snapping back to its sources and destroying them in the process.

Your object may be destroyed. I say this not to encourage anyone to stop participating in this, but to add weight to your decision. Knowing it may be destroyed, but doing it anyway, will make what you are doing much more powerful.

16 Likes

Objects are just that, physical items. They can be replaced by things more important to us. There will always be more items we hold dear and consider important, but our lives come first. Nothing, NOTHING in this world is as important as breaking free of this. If we dont, we’ll be losing a lot… more than a lot, even.

11 Likes

I’ll volunteer to cast the final recitation when the time comes. It seems like that may be the most dangerous aspect and the ‘94 in me needs to do what I can to protect my fellow Mounties. My family.

20 Likes

I definitely have an object in mind.

@Saberlane - you truly represent the best of your guild, and of us all.

13 Likes

You got this, sabes.

9 Likes

I cant figure if ‘focused on a center’ means a location or object. Would the center be AGP? Or some magimystic object of Saberlane’s chosing? Or something else?

12 Likes

In the letter the forum itself was suggested I believe. Apparently virtual locations work as well as physical.

12 Likes

Yes, the center is meant to be a location, but it says that the location can be virtual as well which may mitigate the potential physical damages of the spell.

13 Likes