2. The Search For Magiq: The Neithercouriers

We did it for gladitor, sure.

The search for magiq: something cataclysmic?

8 Likes

Okie doke…I can queue one up…will link when it’s ready

7 Likes

Well… A tidal wave a magiq drowning is doesn’t sound great, I’m not gonna lie. But it looks like we have few other options. This is something we can work towards, at least. That’s better than wandering around, confused and afraid, until the veil swallows us whole.

That said… I can think of something interesting, that just came into my possession recently. I’d like to throw my hat in the ring, if it’s alright.

14 Likes

The phrase “going out with a bang” comes uncomfortably to mind. I don’t have much experience with actually doing magiq, but I’d like to help if I can.

15 Likes

<Wackado theory≥

The book of kings was rewritten as the book of wilds(think I got that the right way round)
There are people who survived the removal of magiq and kept some element of memory about it, eg Marty and Sullivan Green.
They’re not exactly, at the time, high understanding magiq users.

What if this veil were trying to penetrate is a protection spell from the books to transfer magiq users from 1 book to the next safely?

The veil isn’t a great magiq at the end of a book, Ds show down with the storm was.

The king’s/wild rewrite had its own veil that protected Marty and Green etc, but as magiq users who didn’t know their power or have the desire to contact people, they didn’t notice the veil. As a rewrite, rather than a chronological transition the veil couldn’t 100% protect them as it wasn’t designed to work that way. Instead of coming out whole, they were got by the rewrite and the veil was able to leave a breadcrumb in their memory…

The door deciding what gets in/out is acting as a filter to only accept into the protection those who can’t protect themselves but need safety.
Anyone who is in or who can get to neithernor, is considered capable of getting themselves to safety and therefore not eligible for the veils protection.

</Wackado theory≥

I voice this theory as a result of fear that we don’t know the veils purpose, and we might through this spell or through other actions weaken that protection…

7 Likes

Okay! So, spell thread is up here! I’ve moved over our volunteers thus far, and can keep editing the list so we know who’s up!

8 Likes

Don’t worry, none of us knew what we were doing when we first jumped in. Hell, I don’t think anything could have set me up to send messages back in time! Defaintely see if you can find an item though, we need 18 after all.

11 Likes

We should also let the Searchers know we’re attempting the Cataclysm, and to watch for… something. “Lights” in the “cracks” in the walls.

16 Likes

Omg I was right! :laughing:

5 Likes

Well things are getting crazy. Hair pulling fairy. Exploding bear. A spell that might kill us. I don’t think is any chance of getting out of this is there. I’m not a gambling man but I not sure I feel good about our odds.

9 Likes

b61129247e2fdd2e7130834d4a535330

9 Likes

I really wanna know who this mysterious spell creator and what else they accomplished. Also what other crazy things are now possible that the laws of magiq are breaking down?

6 Likes

I’m with @Rimor. Does this mean that all magiq is even more dangerous? Just more unpredictable than usual? Or what?

4 Likes

What if we manage to cast the spell as it was originally intended?
I’m not sure a follow the spell properly, what was the borrowed X wrought magiq energy to be used for, if it hadn’t rebound?

5 Likes

This is strangely making me think of the eleventh Doctor…

4 Likes

If I understand this right (and I might be wrong, this is hard to grasp sometimes), it was supposed to act like a power generator?

Basically, magiq requires a cost. That’s why you hear people saying things on the forum like “we can’t do this because magiq is running out.” It’s a finite and increasingly limited resource. Whatever this person was doing, it seems like they were trying to create a never ending power source that they can tap into.

11 Likes

I mean, the situation sounds like a Normal Tuesday for us. So let’s get going.

8 Likes

Really because I feel like this is entering Monday territory.

8 Likes

But today’s Wednesday

6 Likes

I think Monday sounds about right :sweat: Let’s get to work then!

7 Likes