17. The Secret Society: Buzzed

In our defense, we don’t do this all the time.

Edit: No, @Sellalellen. No it wasn’t :sweat: but you’re a realist anyway.

11 Likes

So, the spell. You’re supposed to make two items. (hang on, I’m reading, summarizing and copy/pasting)

11 Likes

@Deyavi slightly more often than your average internet friends though.

7 Likes

Facts. I don’t have any other internet friends who alter the fabric of the world on even an occasional basis.

11 Likes

It feels worth the risk… We need to help Woolie before it’s too late.

10 Likes

No one alters the fabric of of the world like they used to.

The first item is a totem with objects from far off places that you put with you in bed, or under your pillow, that frees your spirit or “essence” from your body.

And then a box or a closed vessel under your bed, or house, the translation isn’t specific, some mention adding a nail to the vessel to ground you, but you definitely need something from your home that will apparently create a tether to bring your spirit back safe. To remind you where to return if you get lost while outside your body. :grimacing:

16 Likes

Yes. For Woolie.
Edit: catch me using a big ol’ railway spike under my bed as a tether :cagsko: Idk I’m both excited and terrified.

7 Likes

Sounds chaotic

7 Likes

The spell:

With this totem, I entrust the release of my spirit:
A remembrance to guide my journey with purpose.
An emblem of the unseen to lift my steps upon unfamiliar winds.
A symbol to illuminate my path and lead me where I want to go.
I place this totem beneath my head: my freedom, my friend, my hope.

Within this vessel, I entrust the safe return of my spirit:
A token from my home, to ground me should I wander far.
A relic of water, to bear me should I find myself adrift.
A vestige of flame, to warm my body should my spirit grow cold.
I place this vessel beneath my bed: my tether, my kite string, my home.

16 Likes

So yeah. That’s all there is.

8 Likes

Sounds like those who cast the spell need an item, the “totem”, to ground themselves.

5 Likes

Honestly I’m still a bit squiggly about this. Can we maybe Mountie it up a bit? Make it more us and less comatose coven?

8 Likes

It’s all super vague because it’s a piecemeal Frankenstein and also a translation. Reading back what I wrote you guys would probably be crazy to use it, but hey! I got booted from my entire online social circle a few hours ago so figured what the heck, may as well share what I have.

13 Likes

(The social circle thing wasn’t like I was hoping you guys would be my new internet pals, I’m just realizing that I gave it all up and you guys might think I’m crazy, offering a spell where your soul galavants out of your body and may also drive you insane.)

12 Likes

We could do it like the blindfolds. Each member has to create/ use an item that’s important to them.

6 Likes

It feels kinda weird dropping all this on you and then going over to post my Current Reads…

13 Likes

Perhaps we need a separate thread for spell prep.

10 Likes

No, by all means, give us all the Current Reads

8 Likes

Na, it’s okay. We’re used for that.

8 Likes

You get used to it…or at least you will, if you decide to stick around (which you should…scary magiq consequences aside it’s a hoot and a half here)

10 Likes