17.5. The Secret Society: Spell Discussion and Planning for Woolie

I manage a little bookshop
I’ll keep fighting for the oppressed
I was the unexpected sibling
I am proud to be an outsider
I won’t let my family be forgotten
I chose a life free of magic

At least two of these sound like our @Saberlane.

14 Likes

Chose a life free from magiq may be referring to the spell used to wipe the old lodges minds.

11 Likes

Could he be a Mountaineer from Sabes’ group in the 90s?

11 Likes

I manage a little bookshop - Ackerly Green
I’ll keep fighting for the oppressed - Quintessential Ebbie viewpoint
I was the unexpected sibling - Not sure, does Sabes have siblings…?
I am proud to be an outsider - Sounds pretty Sabes, since he was proud of being a Mountie?
I won’t let my family be forgotten - Talking about the 1990 Mountaineers?
I chose a life free of magic - Sabes after the mindwipe

Of course this could just be Woolie memories and I’m projecting it onto Sabes. :joy:

13 Likes

I mean, I don’t know that Saberlane ever fell in love with a guild mate named Molly :brandonthinking:

9 Likes

Here is the last talk Sabes had with Woolie:

Makes me think he was one of those that got lost from his body. But that doesn’t fit with his memories we’ve recovered? Still.

11 Likes

Oh, I was thinking just in the terms of this last set. It is uncanny though, how well it lines up.

12 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking that too. What do we think? Wait. What if they’re pieces of everyone’s memories who lost them from the 90s?

12 Likes

I guess the biggest issue is that these are just so different from the clues we’ve gotten over the past few months. I’m not sure how these biological pieces fit together or if they do at all. If they’re parts of what was lost by the '94 Mounties, what do they have to do with Woolie? Is the reason Woolie has mostly been appearing to Sabes because they’ve met before? Or is it just a case of similar souls drifting together through the whims of fate?

I don’t know. But this has to do with Woolie; whether it’s a path to save him or to honor his sacrifice (and restore magiq), well, I don’t know that either.

15 Likes

I know. They’re little personal statements that are part of someone’s core identity, someone’s essential self and life mission. The bits of someone that made them brave or lonely or selfless.

13 Likes

It does change our perspective on Woolie. It’s been a bit since I referred to the older threads, but I was under the assumption that Woolie had fought when the Silver invaded and lost. But here, it seems like he turned away from the Monarchs, went on to live a mundane life, and feels remorse because he left his guild members? Though the sibling comment is still a bit confusing with what we know now.

12 Likes

Do they go in some type of order?

10 Likes

I’m leaning toward these being statements about different people; it’s possible one might be Woolie, but I’m also itching to make a list of everyone we know that’s missing time, so to speak.

Then again, the feeling of it being more than one person could be my conflicted history with Spoon River Anthology… :ascendershrug:

(Also, hi SpiritSeer! Just realized I hadn’t jumped in on the welcome wagon earlier :sweat_smile: )

11 Likes

While we are at it. We never did figure out what any if the first set of clues referred to. Did we?

A collector of tales
A circle of stones
A lost feather
Buried treasure
A swashbuckling pirate
A fishing town

And what was up with the lighthouse ticket? And the radio play?

There is something bigger here i can’t even begin to guess at.

Also, and most importantly, i am glad you are all safe. Please keep checking in now and then so we don’t worry.

Edit: Tinfoil hat time. Is it possible the first 6 clues and the last 6 are related somehow?

A collector of tales - I manage a little bookshop

I’ll keep fighting for the oppressed - A swashbuckling pirate

I am proud to be an outsider - A fishing town? (Gotta admit this far down it’s getting really sketchy.)

After that I can make no more match. But maybe someone smarter than me can find something.

17 Likes

Ok, now I’m getting concerned - please tell me you didn’t do anything and that you didn’t go on a nightmare trip.

What I know is that I’ll be trying to figure out some minor warding spell for tonight, cause I barely slept despite my meds. I know the spirits weren’t there with me but I felt like being chased by them. And the damn dream that kept on resurfacing returned - unrelated to what we do here but it was still unsettling.

I just hope they’ll leave me in peace tonight.

13 Likes

Don’t worry, my head and reason far outweighed my heart on this one. It was just wishful thinking.

10 Likes

I chose a life free of magic
I manage a little bookshop
I’ll keep fighting for the oppressed
I was the unexpected sibling
I am proud to be an outsider
I won’t let my family be forgotten

Did Woolie leave Neithernor during the war? Get stuck here in the mundane, unable to get back to his friends?

I just… what are we supposed to do now? I like Robert’s note that there are other, previously unconnected memories we’ve received. Maybe they’re hints from literature pointing us to books?

12 Likes

So, there is an even spread of past/present/future tense here. In order, it goes something like:

I was the unexpected sibling.
I chose a life free of magic.
I manage a little bookshop.
I am proud to be an outsider.
I’ll keep fighting for the oppressed.
I won’t let my family be forgotten.

In the past we would hear from Woolie when we had put all six clues together, but I don’t know if we can count on that now. I don’t know, these clues feel so different from the ones we got before. They’re still telling a story, but it feels like it’s almost a different story than before. Anyone with a free moment want to collate all of the previous bits we’ve found in one post for comparison?

13 Likes

Or…

This may have absolutely nothing to do with any of this, but it feels weird to me and I’m starting to trust my gut when it comes to stuff feeling weird around here.

So this is my regular notebook. Pretty standard Leuchtturm.

This…is not my notebook. But when I went to pull mine out of my bag this morning, this is what was in there instead of mine. You can see they’re almost exactly the same color, size, and texture, so it’s totally possible I grabbed it on my way out yesterday thinking it was mine and just didn’t notice? I don’t know. It’s totally blank, and there are no brand markings or anything. My regular one was right here on my desk waiting for me when I got in, so again, totally possible I just forgot it? But I’m pretty positive I’ve never seen this other notebook before in my life.

18 Likes

Whaaat? What’s inside?! :scream:

9 Likes