Thornmouth Guild Evening Hang-Out

I think we ought to start working on a spell to have the library dust itself. It’s too big for us to get it all by hand.

8 Likes

It may be an idea but isn’t there something calming about sweeping? Dusts a book setting off a long sneezing fit
Okay yes self cleaning seems like a brilliant idea :bulb: all support to this holds the offending dusty tome at arms length while placing beanie over my face to ward of further dust attacks

7 Likes

@Sellalellen Unless you have a helper half Gossmere, half Thornmouth that can shapeshift and dust for you. wink wink

6 Likes

I could have used this when I lived in the mundane world!

6 Likes

Yeah I think we all could have. How would we set up a self cleaning bookshelf? Ideas?

5 Likes

Dust is conceptually linked to lack of use and to decay. It doesn’t seem like it would be impossible to magiqally link the use of the library (and lack of use of outside) to channel some dust out of the lighthouse each time someone pulls a book off the shelf to read? It might not get all the dust, but it should make the work lighter…

10 Likes

Magiq can be finicky - we could pull that off, but then every time someone uses “outside” the dust might stream back in… although I’d much rather read to dust than dust to read.

6 Likes

That’s a great point… hm. What if we try to delimit it to the location of the reading of the books in the library, which I hope we’re not taking out into the storm anyway? Do people usually borrow from here?

6 Likes

Why not just enchant the dust into golems? They would make fine silent guardians/custodians. Plus, they clean their own mess!

Maybe that idea is mad though :rabbit2:

11 Likes

I really like that idea @TheMadHare

7 Likes