The Welcome Super Topic: Volume One

Hello everyone!

I’m Hiraeth (a word which here means “a homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost places of your past” if I can get poetic for a second)!

I’ve just now started the books and I can’t wait to really dive into it. I took the exam, I’m Gossmere, and just from the description, I’m all in. I can’t wait to meet everyone and learn more about everything!

15 Likes

Welcome @witchery and @Hiraeth!! Both of you have absolutely amazing names! If I remember rightly Hiraeth is a Welsh word?

@OracleSage and @Augustus_Octavian are your guild’s leaders Hiraeth so if you have any questions you can message them!

Best place for you both to get started is the Forum Primer

12 Likes

Thanks so much, @Rimor!

8 Likes

Croeso (Welcome)! I love the name, @Hiraeth, and good to see a fellow Welsh person come in here (though I may be assuming (read hoping)). As Rimor said, don’t be afraid message guild leaders, but really anyone around can helpl you out if you have any questions. We have one of the most amazing communities here, anf from what I can see it’s only going to get better with all these wonderful people coming in. :heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:

10 Likes

@Nimueh I really hope they’re a UK Mounty too! There are too many Americans and Canadians :wink:

6 Likes

Hi @Hiraeth! @OracleSage and I are the Gossmere guild leaders. Let us know if you need anything, and in the meantime, check out the forum primer, too!

9 Likes

Welcome to the Mountaineer family, @Hiraeth !
And welcome to Gossmere, the guild of the compassionate and spirited.
Your username is lovely, and super fitting as a member of the Gossmere guild! You’ll fit right in with the mountaineers :yellow_heart:

8 Likes

Everyone have an amazing day and welcome to all the new members!

8 Likes

This is my new favorite word, what an excellent choice. Delighted we joined the same day :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I adore the Lemony Snicket esque defining method.

8 Likes

Hello everybody.

I’m a Flinterforge and I’m just starting the books. This is something I totally stumbled upon by accident, but I’m really excited to see where this leads. Any advice anyone can give me is much appreciated.

13 Likes

Hey everyone :slight_smile: just stumbled on this and am loving it! Excited to jump into the book. I’m Ebenguard, and am excited to learn more!

10 Likes

Welcome @Apollo and @Everos! Apollo, your guild leaders are @Ginger and @Deyavi. Everos, your leaders are @Viviane and @Revenir. Feel free to contact them or any other leader if you need help.

10 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile: excited to be here :blush::blush:

8 Likes

Hello everyone, brand new Ebenguardian here. I haven’t started reading yet, but will here in a little bit!

7 Likes

Welcome everyone, to the Mountaineers!
Feel free to ask any guild leaders for help if you need some assistance getting settled.
Welcome to the family :yellow_heart:

9 Likes

@Rimor - Thank you, and yes! “Hiraeth” is Welsh, and it’s very hard to really correctly translate to English, but I think what I’ve posted does a pretty good job at it!

I’ll be sure to ask them if I need any help!! :sparkles:

10 Likes

@Nimueh - I have Welsh heritage, along with Scottish, Irish, and Swedish in equal measures! I’m always finding ways to connect with my family history and heritage so I hope I can pick your brain at some point about Welsh life and things like that!! :two_hearts::herb:

10 Likes

I’ve got Scottish and Irish roots too! Although the Irish side is mostly through Newfoundland so the historical records aren’t great.

6 Likes

Welcome @Astlo, @Apollo and @Everos!!! Best place for you guys to get started is the Forum Primer

8 Likes