The Welcome Super Topic: Volume One

Welcome to Basecamp 33 everyone!

7 Likes

Hi Sinann, welcome!

You know the old saying. Any friend of @Nighteater ā€¦ is going to be watched very carefullyā€¦ :eyes:

Just kidding! (probably) Welcome aboard!

13 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

Welcome to the forums, @Ansgar and @Sinann!

7 Likes

Oh my! An influx of new Mounties! Welcome all (too many to tag you all :joy:)

8 Likes

Hey Mounties. Another new Thornmouth, here. Just finished with the Papers and still reeling from their conclusion. Where to from here?!

13 Likes

So many adventures ahead of us, Athras! So glad you came to join us on them.

10 Likes

Welcome, @Athras! Iā€™ve just updated the Whatā€™s Going On Right Now page that might be helpful for you, but feel free also to just explore the forum and join in on any topic that interests you!

9 Likes

Hello hello! A brand shiny new Flinterforged here! Counter to my usual habits, Iā€™ve jumped in without looking firstā€“I just finished the assessment and actually havenā€™t read the Papers yet, though theyā€™re up next on my reading list, and Iā€™m quite excited.

I then proceeded to debate with my wife how accurate the Flinterforge description was for meā€“while absent-mindedly washing the dish drying rack Iā€™d just noticed looking a bit dirty, because what was I going to do, NOT fix it right then? Talking still leaves my hands free, after all. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

14 Likes

Welcome to Flinterforge (and the forums in general)!! Take a poke around, but if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask! Our Flintery guild leaders are @Viviane and @Revenir (though pretty much everyone will jump at the chance to help)!

11 Likes

Fabulous, and thank you! Are there Guild conversations that are open to people who havenā€™t reached Level One yet? (And/or, where should I be starting out around here, beyond this thread?)

:slight_smile:

8 Likes

(Iā€™m on the app at the moment and having trouble figuring out how to link to other threads but) if you go up to the post before you introduced yourself, thereā€™s a link to a thread called ā€œWhatā€™s Going On Right Nowā€ thatā€™ll give you an overview of whatā€™s active on the forumā€¦thatā€™d be my recommendation for a place to start!

7 Likes

@Cinnet, welcome! So happy to have you. I love your bird pic. :smile:

I think a lot of the Guild-specific stuff is read-only before level one, but if you check The Creationary, there are a couple of threads in there related to guilds (and some of our alternate-universe headcanons about the Guilds) that you should be able to add to.

10 Likes

Hi everyone! Please call me Bright! Iā€™m new to all of thisā€¦like, very new. I just found out about all of this today and as a young writer I thought it might be a wonderful place to exercise my skills! I have the book downloaded and will be reading it starting tonight, but I am a full time student with a job, so what little free time I have will be spent on thisā€¦hopefully. But in terms of my guild, Iā€™m Balimoran!

12 Likes

Welcome @Cinnet and @brightsky!!

9 Likes

Hey there Iā€™m a new Ebenguard, all of this seems very awesome. Iā€™m excited to get started!

11 Likes

Wow, so many Mounties in one day! Welcome to the forums, @Athras, @Cinnet, @brightsky, and @GasparArruda! Athras and Cinnet, youā€™ve already been directed to your guild leaders, so be sure to reach out to them if you have any questions. @brightsky and @GasparArruda, your guild leaders are @Helios (Balimora) and @Ginger and @Deyavi (Ebenguard). If youā€™re having a hard time reaching them, though, feel free to reach out to me or any of the other guild leaders for help! Again, welcome!

12 Likes

@brightsky Hello! The Balimorans welcome you warmly! Like Remus said, Iā€™m your guild leader so if you have any questions hopefully I can be of some help. Itā€™s great that youā€™re starting the book soon and I totally get where youā€™re coming from time-wise (also an employed, full-time student). I look forwards to seeing more from you on the forum!

9 Likes

Ello! Just this morning I was thinking I need a little more magic in my day then this popped up while perusing the internet! I seem to be in the WeatherWatch guild. I havenā€™t read any of the content yet, but Iā€™m already wrapped up in the magiq and mystery of it all!

14 Likes

Hi everyone! Nice to meet all of you. Loved that quirky sorting quiz.

13 Likes