The Welcome Super Topic: Volume One

Oh sure! You can check the weekly recaps to catch up. Thereā€™s also a wiki you can visit if you need help understanding something. That or just ask @OracleSage since he has been on here forever. He could probably answer any questions you may have

EDIT: You can also ask us stuff too : P

6 Likes

K thanks

3 Likes

A good place to start is in the archives where there are all the monthly updates.

4 Likes

Hey Dandelion! Yes, weekly recaps are a wealth of infoā€¦ Ya knowā€¦ When Eaves decides to write them.

Also our YouTube channel has some recaps as well as footage of spells weā€™ve cast in the past.

7 Likes

Welcome! Still catching up myself, but I hope you enjoy this as much as I am so far!

5 Likes

Hey Dandelion, welcome to the forums! :grin: As the others have said, the Basecamp Youtube page is a very good way to get caught up quickly. The Magiq Wiki also has loads of information, and is updated regularly with new information. Also, be sure to check out the Quickstart Guide which has lots of helpful information and links. Best of luck and let us know if you need any help learning the ropes around here!

7 Likes

Hello all! New Thornmouth. I am still trying to get my bearings, but I am super intrigued.

12 Likes

Welcome, everyone!! :smiley:

5 Likes

Welcome @Ravenwing!!

4 Likes

Heya! Welcome to the forums!

4 Likes

Hey Raven, welcome to the Basecamp! Let us know if you have any questions. :smile:

6 Likes

hey heres yumski, got here by a fateful encounter. was on rabb.it talking to an aqquantice when i decided i would hop into another rabb.it stream for a quick second. hung out there for a little bit, acted like i knew some guy just to fool around, asked me if i knew him from basecamp 33 and had no idea what that was so i broke the act and told him i was messing with him. i still asked him what it was so he sent me the link to that story thing, got my role to be a thornmouth and then situated my account. if youā€™re seeing this victorian, thanks for being a good sport

11 Likes

Welcome to Basecamp, Yumski. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll be right at home. We watched the recaps together, so you have most of the story up to fragment 8

6 Likes

Welcome Yumski! Iā€™m glad you decided to join us!

6 Likes

Welcome @Yumski!

4 Likes

Welcome!

5 Likes

is someone able to get me up to date about the characters and who they are or should i just read the wiki page? this is what i can recall so far: there was this guy who made a book about magic and it was cool and people liked it, but then nobody really remembered the books after this guy died. it was found again from this worker and he sent it to a library to get scanned and preserved, and people went out to look for the guy who made the books only living relative. i think that guy was some bum in central park new york but he goes missing. other people go and make an online forum (this one) and call themselves mountaineers and go searching for clues toā€¦ do something? confused why weā€™re looking for clues, as well as what the book of briars is and whos aether. where i left off is all i really know about this. dont know any characters or what the keys are so when youā€™re explaining try to dumb it down for me. also tell me how accurate i am on the beginning story, i want to know where im wrong or what im missing. thanks :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Have you read @Endri 's weekly recaps? I would definitely recommend that you read the wiki as it helped me alot! Also the YouTube fragment recaps are good for getting caught up on fragments

5 Likes

Er, well, youā€™re about half right? :cold_sweat: You might want to go over some of the information on the Magiq Guide site. I wrote a little beginnerā€™s FAQ a while ago - The Beginnerā€™s Guide to Magiq, that might help you get a sense of where to start learning. But itā€™s up to you. Iā€™d suggest at least reading Ascenderā€™s first post on the Basecamp, and watching the recap videos. You may also want to at least glaze over the wiki pages on the major folks involved with the Basecamp and the Book of Briars.

7 Likes

A Master of Deception eh? We could use thatā€¦
:wink:
Jokes aside, Welcome to Basecamp! Sorry if we mess up your house or something in the near future. Time is tricky!

5 Likes