The Welcome Super Topic: Volume One

I think a big recap deserves its’ own thread (and it won’t get lost in the shuffle of all the awesome hello’s happening here. I’ll get cracking on it!

10 Likes

this looks like a job for the radio show i used to run.

4 Likes

I think I’ll love it here :relieved: Everyone’s just so lovely

8 Likes

Welcome @jinyinhua!!

4 Likes

Hello :0 I a new Weatherwatch here and I’m excited to join the community and meet all you lovely people vuv <3

10 Likes

Welcome @Swampy!! @Skylad and @Remus are your guild leaders! If you have any questions you can ask them! You should also check out the Forum Primer to get started!

6 Likes

@Rimor Yes, I’m a Weatherwatcher! :smiley:

Shoutout to @Remus and @Skylad, my Weatherwatcher guides. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

@MissEvans it’s so awesome to see you back!!! What a great way to start the day :grin::grin: and welcome @Swampy and @FutureFire to Weatherwatch! Normally I’d PM you both straight away but I’ve got less than an hour to get ready for work :disappointed: so I will chat to you both as soon as my day is done :grin:

7 Likes

Welcome!

5 Likes

Owo! Welcome!

4 Likes

Welcome to the Forums, Swampy! Like Rimor said, I’m one of the captains of Weatherwatch. Everyone else seems to have set you up to succeed, so the last thing I’d suggest us that you join the Weatherwatch group. That way others will be able to identify you based on your guild in the future. Plus, you get a really cool burgundy flair like me! Again, welcome!

6 Likes

Hello all! I just discovered Ackerly Green and the Magiqverse a little less than an hour ago, and I’m terrible at figuring out forum-based communities, but I’m excited to be here. :blush: According to the assessment, I belong in Balimora, but beyond that I don’t really know where to start besides reading the book(s). I read through the primer, but I’m a bit dense when it comes to these things, so please be patient with me, lol!
Eta: I’d really appreciate some help figuring out what one does when their guild according to the Guide assessment doesn’t feel like it fits at all?

13 Likes

Glad to have you! I’ve found the best way to get used to forums is just to private message someone and ask, especially your guild leader (If I knew who they were off the top of my head I’d include their name here, but I don’t, so it’ll have to wait.). They’re pretty good about steering you in the right direction.

8 Likes

Thank you! Based on the comments above, I think my guild leader is named Helios, although I could be wrong.

10 Likes

Hi Athelia, welcome to the forums! As a Balimora, your leader is the wonderful @Helios! I definitely recommend reading the books and also lurking on the forums! The Magiq Wiki is a good place to go to get summaries of lore and such. If you are looking for places to start posting, I really recommend #the-guilds and #the-creationary - the guids category is to discuss the various guilds of the MAGIQverse and the creationary is to post creative endeavors, in and out of the MAGIQverse! Welcome again, and if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to any of the leaders and we’ll help you out. :eaves:

10 Likes

Hi!! I’m in Ebenguard I guess? Still trying to figure everything out! Rabbit holed into AG and it all seems super interesting!! Excited to see where this all leads! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

12 Likes

Hello, fellow Ebenguard! I know, it’s really daunting during that first little bit, right? Like, the very first thing they ask you to do is introduce yourself, and you’re like “Hi, I’m Jeff, and on Thursdays I like potatoes?” Best thing I could suggest is if you have any questions, ask your guild leader. It’s what they’re there for. Chances are @Ginger 's gonna reach out to you even without you asking anyways, haha. Then the only other thing I would suggest is to just start reading. I didn’t truly understand what was going on with the forums until I made it about a third of the way through the book, and something just clicked. You’ll see what I mean I’m sure.

Either way, welcome!

12 Likes

I’m glad to see I wasn’t the only one who found magiq these last few weeks

11 Likes

I have no clue how forum things work and I hope I’m doing this right. Anyway, Hezekiah and Weatherwatch seem to be the main things that are wanted. I… don’t really know what else to put. I haven’t read anything (yet, I will like tomorrow), so no spoilers please. “If you spoil endgame, I will throw you in the kiln and turn it on.” -my art teacher, semi-sarcastically

15 Likes

Welcome!! :grin: it’s always nice to see a new mountaineer, especially a fellow flinterforge. Our guild leaders are Revenir and Viviane.

7 Likes