The "Storm"

Someone said Isis was the Lady of Storms.
Well…
Seth
Set (deity) Set /sɛt/ or Seth (/sɛθ/; also spelled Setesh, Sutekh, Setekh, or Suty) is a god of the desert, storms, disorder, violence, and foreigners in ancient Egyptian religion. In Ancient Greek, the god’s name is given as Sēth (Σήθ).

To keep the Egypt flow going. KS could be a Seth Cult?

4 Likes

Augernon says the only way to stop The Storm is to “learn all you can”…so does that mean that there might be a spell of some sort to stop it? Or is The Storm just made unusable the more people learn the truth about the world. About Magiq?

Y’all i’m just completely spit-balling here. @MrFoxglove I’m going to need to cover our walls with cork board, paper clippings, and various colors of thread.

4 Likes

Personally, I would more readily believe that the storm is something to do with Seth than Isis. Isis is typically seen as a goddess of health, wisdom, and marriage. She is personified as being caring towards children, and the elderly, and the slaves and down trodden. I seriously doubt she is the root of the storm.

3 Likes

Well the direct opposer, if you will, to Seth, is his brother* Horus, and there was a mythical battle between their followers.

*depending on which stories you read. Uncle in some.

2 Likes

You can be swept away in a storm. Maybe the ultimate form of the sweeper tool is the storm.
Those who employ it have been around forever, it would seem “The shadow cast over the world”.
I always associate storms with a particular odd light, and I get the same sense here. We sit in a half light right now, waiting for the storm to occur.

2 Likes

So, given everything that’s happened, I thought I’d compile a list of some of the terrifying warnings we’ve been given:

Ascender - “A machine churns in the dark places of the world. Growing in size and power. An old machine that wants to separate us”
Brandon Lachmann - Fragment Four - "Darker storms are coming for the books. "
Lauren - Fragment Nine - “I hope you find what you’re looking for, and have as few regrets as possible.”
Aether - Fragment Ten - “There’s a storm coming.”
Augernon - Fragment Eleven - “It’s almost unlocked. But we didn’t see the Storm coming.”

When KS first started coming up, my initial assumption was that the machine Ascender mentioned was Wanderer/Sweeper. But I’m starting to think that KS is much, much older than its incarnation and so is this machine. Probably its ancient. And it’s almost got me wondering if this ‘cycle’ of people finding the Book, trying to unlock it, and being pushed back by evil forces has been going on for a long time.

I’m not gonna lie, I’m nervous about what this storm entails. But I think if we follow Augie’s advice then perhaps we could be the ones to pull through. We just have to trust in each other, trust in the book, and take all the help we can get.

7 Likes

What exactly was the storm the originals faced before us?? Has that been said as far as details go?

2 Likes

No, it hasn’t. It’s not clear whether the Storm is an entity, an organization, a force, or an individual. All we know - all we think we know - is that it’s malignant, and willing to sweep anyone that gets too close to the truth off the playing field. Anyone that gets too close to the Magiq is eliminated.

2 Likes

Just now noticed this on Climber’s page.

“It’s only a matter of time until this revelation brings a storm to our quiet little corner of the world. We are always watched, always heard. She is now too valuable for them to resist.”

Presumably Teddy is talking here. He could just be being poetic but maybe he’s also referencing The Storm? Which leads me to believe that either KS isn’t connected to whatever causes the storm, or that Teddy really has no idea what KS is capable of.

3 Likes

He could be referring to us as ‘them’. Or Path of Silver followers? (not entirely up to speed on that front)

Who would always watch and always hear KS?

2 Likes

Would Kemetic Solutions be “Storm Solutions” in more mythological terms.

If so they are always being watched by us - mountaineers.
Or was Teddy something else before he had anything to do with KS?

2 Likes

I hope the coming storm is like a southern gale strong and intense but short

2 Likes

So a question; does anyone know a way to prepare for the Storm?

1 Like

Batten down the hatches, make sure you have your emergency contacts ready, stay away from windows and anything heavy that could fall on you, and stock up on batteries, non-perishables, and water?
My southeastern roots are showing.

In terms of this storm, it seems like standing together as a community is the best defense mechanism we’ve been given so far.

8 Likes

The eye told us that our community is a strong one - the whirl of questions remains. What is going to be so powerful that previous mountaineers were wiped out? Physical, intellectual, social, mystical? And this is a specific, sent, almost timeable storm.

2 Likes

My gut check based on what Augernon told us, what Teddy has written, and what the Oracular eye told us is that KS is not responsible for the Storm. I could always, of course, be incorrect. I see the Storm as more of an opposing force to the Counsel of the 18 Gates, with each existing on the other side of the Veil.

7 Likes

I’m curious on if the storm is a natural result of the twelfth fragment. Or of trying to open the book of briars in general.

It could always be that the book sets things in motion in order to test those attempting to open it. Assuming the book is as conscious or more conscious as the Eye

8 Likes

There’s a concept Brandon Lachmann used in his RPG which kinda mirrored our world. It was called the 'Riddling Incarnate" I think. I can’t find the exact document right now but it was something like that. There wasn’t a lot of details but it seemed like a philosophy / guiding life principle / religion in his world.

The idea as I understood it is that anything worth knowing, was worth having to work to figure out and uncover. Anything found out easily, isn’t worth knowing. Anything really, really important had a corresponding difficulty to learn.

This is why the Book just doesn’t outright tell us the fragments or simply open up.

So, you could argue, I suppose, that the Storm is a challenge the Book puts in the way of those who open it intentionally as a way to test them. But…would the book really go so far as to kill, and mentally wipe people as a consequence of this challenge? Man, I hope not.

7 Likes

I feel like it is a test too, kind of like the assessments, Is this one of them? To see if we have what it takes to open the book, if that’s the case I doubt KS will make it since the bad bad things they have been doing

3 Likes

Like the Ocular Eye said “You are more resourceful, more keen, more bonded than any who have come before you.” I think the mountaineers of this age have proved ourselves, on how we work together and don’t back down, In the modern age we have the ability to become more connected than the 94 mountaineers were, We can work through the storm. We will work through the storm.

5 Likes