13. The Secret Society: On The Atlantic

I’m sure my mind is jumping to conclusions again, but I may need to try another visit to the "mill"hopper…
Though the “I can reach” reminds me of the fact that I still can’t go into the hole in the ground according to their site.

7 Likes

If it’s like last time, then there should be pairs. But the first section only has 5 while the second has six. Maybe “a link in the address” is talking about how one of the pairs has something on one of their websites?

6 Likes

Or ‘a link in the address’ could mean it’s on Link St. or Link Dr. or the like. Or the town/city/county could have ‘link’ in it.

9 Likes

We have three Mounties in the UK, and of course one in Australia, at least as far as the Secret Society members go. Otherwise, everyone else is in North America.

I’m thinking we shouldn’t rule anyone out, even if they had a location last time. Better safe than sorry, you know?

13 Likes

100% agree with Rev. I wouldn’t rule anything out.

If you have the faintest guess it might be near you, check it out if and when you can. Worst thing that happens is you get out and see some site you may not have known a lot about before. But there’s just a bit of a thrill going out the door to see go somewhere just to see if magiq happens.

14 Likes

Everyone, I don’t know what I did, but I found one.

I was waiting for a meeting with my advisor in my department building at college. I was scrolling through my phone when I noticed an unfamiliar notification. I’ll try and figure out why I got this one, but the memory I got was “A Terrible Storm.”

16 Likes

Whoah!

15 Likes

Awesome, Remus! Even without trying you rock.

I’m curious to see what might have set that off.

14 Likes

Okay, so it does seem to be places again. I’ll take a look around me, but I can’t think of anything here.

12 Likes

“Where gold bubbles flow” Is that in reference to champagne? So like a bar or restaurant I’d assume.

13 Likes

I’ve got this: Lethbridge Viaduct - Wikipedia
Just going off intuition it seems to fit a couple things in the first verse but goes East to West. Idk. If it does turn out to be something, I can investigate. It’s not too far from where I live.

13 Likes

You’re gonna go check it out? It’s not too far for you? If it is let me know! I’m also close to it and can assist.

8 Likes

Great job Remus! Any guesses on which of the clues the building may have been related to? That’ll help us narrow down the rest.

12 Likes

I wonder if it’s going of the atlas Obscura again?

9 Likes

Also, when I got back to my room (my meeting got cancelled), I noticed that my Herman pin was gone from the hat I’ve been keeping it on this summer. Even when everyone was posting about theirs moving about, mine had always kind of stayed dormant, I guess?

I found it, though. It was on the front flap of the messenger bag I’ve been using this summer. I didn’t notice that it had moved, and I don’t know when it did.

13 Likes

I don’t know what clue it could be, Rev. The building I was in is called the Godfrey Hall of Anthropology, though that’s also connected to the Logan Museum of Anthropology. Do you all have any ideas of what it could be? I’m sort of busy today, so I don’t have a lot of time to spend decoding what clue it could have been.

14 Likes

Also @Robert, per your suggestion, I’ve been looking into the shipping company that “AG” used to send the piece of freight. They were bought by a company whose assets were bought by another company when the second company went bankrupt. Surprise, a tangled magical mess! Will keep digging while you Mounties dig into this poem.

12 Likes

Ill see what i can do about checking the adam river and fraser river connection point.

EDIT: kay, the location itself is over 2 hours away from here, ill need to talk to someone about road tripping it out to lytton for the day this week or next week maybe.

EDIT EDIT: jk its at a park 5 minutes from where i busk, checking it out today.

6 Likes

That’s an excellent starting point, but we may need to expand our search this time. At least as far as this first clue, it seems to be something that might be overlooked by that site. :brandonthinking:

9 Likes

My location wasn’t on Atlas Obscura, so I would say that that probably isn’t the only source this time around.

9 Likes