13. The Secret Society: On The Atlantic

Though, I think we still need one of the first stanza clues to connect to the “meeting of waters” clue.

15 Likes

Going to be a bit rambly, but bear with me, my brain took the long way to get somewhere that may or may not pan out.

The obvious thought was somewhere in the D.C., (though there are apparently a boatload of towns called Lincoln, seriously, it looks like there’s a dozen just in Wisconsin).

But I remembered that there was a section of St. Augustine called Lincolnville (though not near enough to anything I could recall being able to link to any of the clues in the first stanza). Of course, it hasn’t really been within my reach in years, but it made me think to look at my section of the map zoomed out enough to see those section-of-town names.

There are a couple sections with Lincoln in the name east of downtown, not too far from Depot Park, named for its railway history.

tl;dr: I think I’ll be visiting the park once I get a day off…

11 Likes

Are we still thinking it might be museums? There is a Museum and Heritage Park that belongs to the local indigenous people here in Kamloops (Tk’emlups to Secwepemc). As @Cj_Heighton had alluded to earlier, Tk’emlups is the Secwepemc word for “Meeting of the Rivers” or something along those lines.

Just trying to pair it up with a line in the first stanza though. There is a line about traveling between North and South right? Well the two rivers that meet in Kamloops are the North and South Thompson rivers. The Tk’emlups people probably would have travelled between both rivers as their traditional territory spans a large area between both them. Just a thought.

That is one thought about it, especially if we are looking for a museum. I feel like if Kamloops is a place given the meeting of waters, the traveling North and South could be the pair. I can dig into more options though

12 Likes

Ah, crap thats a good point. I checked the 2141 yard and the museum and archived thus far, but the first nations reserve is all uncharted territory for me, since its so far from where i live and i know nobody who lives there. There might very well be something i missed in that place.

7 Likes

The only reason I know about it is because I used to work for the Indian Band as their Junior Civil Engineer. I am just brainstorming at this point and time. Create a list of what we think and then see where we are at

9 Likes

17 Likes

In terms of what i was going for, i know the first piece was “a meeting of waters”, and im thinking the second was “that grows but itsnt alive”. I found it at a museum on the wildfires from last year that devastated the entire western coast of bc

9 Likes

Just want to add a little discussion to that. I thought it could be the wildfires too, but the exhibit has only been around for two weeks and is temporary. This set of clues came to us about a month ago. Is there anything else it could be?

12 Likes

I think we decided that “That grow but aren’t alive” was my clue, @Cj_Heighton, and I think what @Brendon said is a good point. Was the museum that you went to the one that Brendon suggested? If so, what direction do the rivers flow at that crossing? If they flow north to south, then that could be “That travel between north and south,” though that implies a transfer between. Any others that it might be?

12 Likes

I’ve had no luck so far in my town, so starting Friday I’m going to be going to a couple of places outside if it.

7 Likes

Also, here are the memories we have so far and the clues that we think are associated with each:

@Remus’ clue: “A Terrible Storm”; Or things that grow but aren’t alive, and minerals low

@Mike’s clue: “A Broken Heart”; On wires, Jolt in the sky

@Cj_Heighton’s clue: “A Lost Ship”; -, A meeting of waters

Also, I think the way that @Saberlane broke down the first stanza is a more useful mapping than the original if that helps people identify possible clues!

13 Likes

Chi, where did the memory activate? The place Bren mentioned? :o

8 Likes

Yep. Sorry, busking at the moment =3=

EDIT: sorry i misread the question. Its the kamloops museum and archives, so no. Its downtown off the reserve.

About | City of Kamloops here, i found a history writeup. Maybe we can find a clue to part 2 in here?

9 Likes

This makes me think it can still pair with north & south. :brandonthinking:

12 Likes

Just going to throw this out there again, now that we have half…

They’ve all been museums so far. :martysly:

8 Likes

I feel like I may have found something.

I’m thinking maybe “on wheels - a mill I can reach…”

@katalena, this something you might be able to check out?

not related, but just noticed “Sassy Onion” :deirdrexd:

13 Likes

Does this sound like it matches up with any of the clues?

Where gold bubbles flow maybe?

9 Likes

It’s worth a shot.

I’ve also started trying to look for bodies of water with names that could translate to something with gold in it.

9 Likes

At the US’s highest incorporated city and will be heading to test out the National Mining Museum relatively soon!

Update: Museum day is tomorrow

14 Likes

The only one on here that I think could apply to me would be That Between North and South, as I am in the process of moving to New Orleans… but its funny, its almost like the pin knows I’m going?
Sentient Pin vibes are kinda cool, kinda spooky.

12 Likes