The Q&A Super Topic: Ask Your Questions Here!

It’s our old app which you’re still more than welcome to download. Very soon we will be replacing the current platform with a new app. :cjsmile:

13 Likes

So… Yeah. I’m stalled at 59 pages in. Someone tell me this is a thing? Cause if it’s my nook… I’m going to be very put out.

1 Like

@Connielass you mean the ebook for Flora & Fauna doesn’t go past page 59? It miiiiight be your Nook (sorry :grimacing:) OR you may have happened to download the book while I was uploading an updated version recently, and you didn’t get the full file? I would be surprised if it was the latter, but perhaps delete and download again? Let us know!

2 Likes

So yeah.
I deleted the file and redownloaded. Didn’t work, still stuck on 59.
So I downloaded the MOBI file for kindle.
It never even registered on the kindle app.
So I grabbed my Samsung Galaxy tab, downloaded the nook app and the kindle app, and then downloaded the book first for kindle (no go), then for nook (still stuck on 59).

At this point, I give up, and will just have to wait until after I can get a job to get myself the paper copies of both books.

3 Likes

I’ll follow-up with you via PM!

2 Likes

Hey @Connielass you can always look at the Fellowship that @Augustus_Octavian set up!

3 Likes

If you have an android device then you can download a different ereader app (I use Pocketbook and Lithium is good too) and then download the e-pub? That worked for me :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@Connielass, I downloaded an app to port the mobi file to my kindle app, let me check which one…

Edit: the one I used is just called Kindle Importer.

2 Likes

Also, please let us know if there’s been widespread issues with the mobi file not playing well with readers as that’s something we can address with Bookfunnel. :cjheart:

4 Likes

I mean, it wouldn’t play well directly with it, but going into the importer app made the kindle app see it and it worked great for both F&F and C&T (I think I had it already downloaded from a freebie I got at some point that had the same issue).

2 Likes

In any case, I did find it on the amazon shop, so I’ll save it for reading material this weekend when I go away with fam.

3 Likes

So I’m new to everything about the Magiqverse, what are the guilds for?

4 Likes

Warning potential spoilers below

The guilds are our modern day equivalent of The Monarchs original royal houses. Originally the houses each protected a tenant of the order. Not much is known currently about the structure or purpose of each house. Each of them represents one of the 6 elements though

This is probably the hardest question I’ve seen on here :laughing:

3 Likes

The canon purposes of the guilds aren’t completely known (as of now) but we can surmise from the Guide that they are meant for people of like mind and purpose to join together in camaraderie, shared interests, and exploration of the magimystic.

13 Likes

Is there a post/wiki that collates;
Guild, leaders, location, colours, royal family, butterfly, elements, affinities, summary of the affinity/dummie guide on what it does, any additional info that is grouped by guild/element?

I got a leather bound note book for Yule that is now screaming to be a physical reference for the magiqverse.

6 Likes

@Sapphire you’re in luck the amazing @Revenir created an awesome wiki with most of this information on! But beware there are loads of spoilers for the books contain in the wiki!

The current guild leaders of the guilds though are listed in the Forum Primer

There are some parts though like elements and affinities that have not been fully reveled to us yet and we only have partial knowledge of. For example weathermancy is a Weatherwatch affinity but we don’t know what it really does and can only guess. As for the elements we know that they are used in some spells such as the calling the corners spell

6 Likes

Is there such a thing a dummies guide to the abilities?
Eg possibly wrong, caught up on flora, fauna and cosmos

• Time Shifting - elongate or compress time for self

• Philosomancy - (pure speculation) ability to visualise and run through potential outcomes of a situation applying known and speculated variables, think Dr Strange and the time stone in Infinity war

• Second Mind - splitting of mind allowing 2+ tasks simultaneously. Possibly similar to Alar and the game Seek the Stone referenced in ‘The Name of the Wind’

• Astral Thinking - not a clue

• Tome Kindling - ability to copy personal knowledge/memory in to a book. External back up of the human mind? Possibly required skill to access knowledge/memories left by others?

• Peering Arts - seeing what isn’t there, what others can’t see, default out of box problem solving, scrying, fortune telling, reading palimpsest without getting a headache…

7 Likes

Unfortunately we don’t know anything about them really only what we’ve guessed

5 Likes

@Rimor
No worries, something to stumble along puzzling together then. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Most definitely, the ever enigmatic CJ loves to keep his little secrets from us :laughing:

7 Likes