Steve Strikes Again: Messages from Someone

True. Nevermind then. It doesnt really fit.

3 Likes

An idea after our discussion: if it is the Fellowship, my current guesses would have to be Aragon as 7, Gandalf as 6, Frodo as 5, Gandalf comes back but Borimir dies as 4. But we would still be missing 2, so my guess would be that Steve might of removed Frodo and Sam because they left the Fellowship early, removing my guess for 5.

But itā€™s just a guess.

2 Likes

Hi folks, just stopping in real quick to give my thoughts on the whole ā€œThe Fellowship are the Sevenā€ theory. When Steveā€™s riddle first dropped, @Ravenwing asked me (weā€™re friends IRL and happened to be hanging out together at the time) whether or not I thought the Fellowship would work as a group. After some counting and wiki consultation, though, we decided the group could not be ā€œthe Sevenā€ mentioned here since there are nine of them. I know you mentioned you felt that Merry and Pippin donā€™t count, @Cj_Heighton, however, they choose to become a part of the Fellowship, and their capture by the Uruk-hai is a major part of the breaking of Fellowship. Yes, the two started as Frodoā€™s traveling companions, but they made their own decision to continue on and thus be a part of Fellowship.

8 Likes

Some fresh tinfoil for yā€™all. Most seems to be pointing to death, the underworld, the afterlife, etc.

The goth bit is still nagging at me though

Refs to: Jack and Jill, River Styx (Greek mythology), Human combustion?? Or literally any burning, hell, legends, mad gothsā€¦

Death? Life?
Creation and Destruction?
Stories??
The faded into legend bit seems significant
types of death? but then why have 6 come back?
Resurrection? Immortality?
Processes of alchemy?

Edit if numbers:
If its by numbers mentioned: 716 615 514 46 (1000)4 414
OR 76 65 54 464 4(4 or 3?)

The repeat line is really bothering me
Now Iā€™m just throwing things at a wall hoping they stickā€¦

(Has this hit Thornmouth overkill yetā€¦ :sweat_smile: )
Hoping yā€™all can make connections i couldnā€™t so Iā€™m just throwing all this out here in a garbled messā€¦

7 Likes

Same. I donā€™t get why it repeats.

2 Likes

From Steve:

Three guiding Mountaineers
wondering what to do
one was torn apart to build a citadel
and now weā€™re down to two

6 Likes

uh. thatā€¦ doesnt sound good. its counting down, if we get to zero i bet weā€™ve failed. we have one day.

3 Likes

Well it definitely doesnā€™t sound like were referring to a person/people.
Itā€™s super late though and I have work in the morning but I can look at it again once Iā€™m at the circ desk

7 Likes

This new verse is bothering me, it sounds very familiar and I canā€™t think whyā€¦

7 Likes

Okay, I gonna do what I always do when we get things we canā€™t solve; write done things that are bugging me. Letā€™s a) get some conversation flowing, and b) maybe get some fresh eyes in here.

Okay, first off the river Styx. Thatā€™s a very specific river to mention with a ton of myths and things connected to it. Why a river even? Jack and Jill (whom this verse seems to be based off) just fell down a hill. Why the Styx?

ā€œHellā€™s front doorā€. Which hell? Hel, norse goddess, daughter of Loki? Hel the norse place? Hell the Christian underworld? Or just a common name for the underworld used here? Could it still be referring to something like Dis, which would tie this verse to the Styx?

Goths? Like, German Goths? This is whatā€™s probably pulling me to Rome here, as they have history fighting the Goths.

ā€œFeel like theyā€™ve done this beforeā€ So we have some deja vue goign on here, or is this that they have done it before? Have we done this before?

ā€œdisrepairā€ Flinter? Robot? injury? confused .com

ā€œtorn apart to build a citadelā€ How literal do we want to get here? Cause we can get very literal and say they were used to build a citadel, or that like a sacrifice or something was needed before it could be built. I keep going back to Romulus and Remus here, thanks to all the Greek and Roman referance earlier onā€¦

I think my out pour of randomness is finishedā€¦ for now.

9 Likes

What about this?

6 Likes

If it is the seven wonders than disrepair and Styx both have a bit more context, as two were dedicated to ancient greek godsā€¦ However, neither Zeus nor Artemis have any direct connection to the underworld or styx that I am aware of.

7 Likes

Broke his crown: Colossus of Rhodes
Burst into flames: Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
Faded into legend: Hanging Gardens of Babylon
Mad Goths: Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
Disrepair: Lighthouse of Alexandria
Citadel: Statue of Zeus
Rocks: Mausoleum at Halicarnassus

16 Likes

Way to go @Ashburn!

8 Likes

Okayā€¦So if it is seven wondersā€¦would ā€œwonderā€ be a reasonable guess?

6 Likes

Ahahaha Stevie Wonder!!!

4 Likes

Bravo Zulu @Ashburn!!

7 Likes

CJ, how on earth can you not use the dark mode in discord?

6 Likes

I got tired of it after the 7th revert

3 Likes

Thought Iā€™d just bring this back up again. I donā€™t remember completing it, but hereā€™s another puzzle if you need something to do.

5 Likes