SOLVED: Post Fragment 12 Possible Heavenly Bodies map

The best Royal Hoop I’ve manged to come up with so far is a Royal Castle in Vreed-en-Hoop. So yeah, any other possible locations for tha are certainly welcome!

I’m thinking the crossgaurd of Gladitor isn’t right and that the long/short tips may be reversed. I’m also still worried about the duplicates.

And if Aothora is indeed east Europe/Asia, then we’re looking for a point somewhere around the Caspian sea.

2 Likes

I really want to give a heartfelt thanks to all the new Mounties on this thread for jumping in with both feet and taking on this mystery!

3 Likes

Ok so I just had a thought. Yesterday was Summer Solstice, aka Longest Day, so I was wondering if that could have any correlation to current situations, or If that’s an unnecessary detail. It seems a bit unnecessary but I just wanted to put that out there.

2 Likes

When looking up Argonauta a specific sea creature came up. If we can do some digging into the origins of this animal: we may have some ideas for a location.

It’s possible it’s a lead, it wouldn’t hurt to look into it.

2 Likes

Actually, “Argonaut” (Which is what the Sea Creature is named after) are any of the 50 Greek heroes who went to fetch the Golden Fleece in Greek Mythology. Would it be incorrect to suggest Greece?

2 Likes

GUYS, IT’S KICKED OFF, look what @Leigha the genius found!
http://forum.ackerlygreen.com/t/found-fragment-twelve-into-hell-aorthora/993/634

3 Likes

I edited the top post and added in Fletcher’s website.

3 Likes

There’s a link in the top post. I’ve been trying to keep it up as a wiki-style entry, per @Robert’s vision.

4 Likes

Thanks @Augustus_Octavian!

2 Likes

Since we were thinking that there might be something in Asia, there’s the Shanghai Peace Hotel and the Osaka Peace Pagoda which are both important historical/cultural sites. I don’t know if anything would line up with those, or if it’s worth pursuing…but maybe for Harmony’s Discourse it’s a possibility?

3 Likes

Is there a consensus on which of the twenty names we believe we have definite locations for, other than Bersemis-1? I was reviewing the spreadsheet, and there’s a lot of different stuff on there. I think with the new information from Fletcher Dawson’s website, it’s safe to say that each of the names maps to a physical location, and not space objects, mythological figures (directly), etc.

3 Likes

we should definitely look through it again now we know we’re looking for physical locations i think!

3 Likes

GUYS GUYS GUYS I’VE FOUND KRONOS I THINK!!!
http://www.victoiremusic.com/about-us/
“Missy Mazzoli has had her music performed globally by the Kronos Quartet”
THE BAND IS CALLED VICTOIRE
That’s a hell of a coincidence if not
They are related to New York City

3 Likes

Nice find! NYC may be what we’re looking for for “Victoire.” The constellation is Durkonos, not Kronos, though.

2 Likes

MY life… i read it wrong

2 Likes

Ok folks, the Fletcher Dawson website is live.

it seems we need to find one city representative of each constellation, so we mayweed to scale down our mapping. I’ve forwarded this to the other threads, we need to focus our efforts here:

www.fletcherdawson.com

4 Likes

Just going off what @MissEvans said, if you look at Paris for instance, there is a large amount of points in this city. And the points seem as though they are in the general shape of “Gladitor”. I am not saying that is it, but it seems to fit the bill

4 Likes

I was just going through the Paris notes myself.
We also have a Moscow cluster too.

5 Likes

Do we? I must have missed that. I will take a look at the Moscow stuff as well

4 Likes

It seemed like Moscow or St. Petersburg for a few, but at least it narrows them down some.

2 Likes