Solarpunk and Sustainable Living: A Flinterforge Guild Home Manifesto

I feel like Ghibli is a good frame of reference for Flinter aesthetic, tbh?

Even the irl museum is pretty aesthetic-y.

If we’re talking about inspiring photos, Scala ad Caelum from KH3… I can’t decide if it’s Flinter or Eben. Maybe it’s a mashup of both.

10 Likes

Ghibliforge!

9 Likes

Also, I claim that last image as an Ebenguard.

8 Likes

I think if the last is Ebens then I’d truly be quiet mouse if I were to visit haha.
Strangely I struggle to find an image of the two most idyllic and more busy workshops that come to mind when looking for Ghibli art however, to me if I was to point that path I’d suggest the kitchens of Kiki’s Delivery Service or Howls Moving Castle. Small and dominated by the oven or fire and the kitchen table. They are humble homely communal spaces. I have been a blacksmith in my youth and I work in a coffee roasters which is a steampunk monstrosity of flames, steam, pipes and machines. Noises all day every day. My favourite space to create and craft is the tatami; a near empty room with padded walls and floors in which everyone that enters must let go of their ego and struggle physically and internally to strive to be the best incarnation of themselves. Beyond this the only place I would want to create or fix things is a space others want to share.

4 Likes

Dangit Sabes, you’re gonna convert me. :joy:

I’ve been complaining so much about that game on Discord, but I’ve been utterly transfixed by Scala ad Caelum. Which is apparently inspired by an IRL place in Italy.

8 Likes

I’m not saying I feel personally attacked by the Ghibli Clutter aesthetic but that’s actually exactly what I’m saying

it me

9 Likes

Haha @Tinker I suspect a lot of us are in the same boat. I’ve only now reduced my ghibli clutter but it’s a constant battle. I just know the trauma of trying to move house when you live like that.

5 Likes