Neithernor: RPG - The System

I was just about to start my first dnd campaign before gestures vaguely at everything and it didn’t happen…so my experience with RPG stuff is still limited to PRSFNE and NN:R, but I’m DEEPLY excited about this!!!

13 Likes

Hmm, was kind of expecting Fate: Accelerated, but core is good too. I look forward to what comes from this, as I know it might help flavor the Role-playing here.

12 Likes

That’s so thoughtful @SabineBean ! We’ll definitely need beta players and possibly artwork too!

@Skylad, I was thinking along those lines too, custom dice with guild badges for the “+”. BUT— we might have other ideas in play. :cjtea:

19 Likes

However I can help, I’m happy to do so. I’ve written massive D&D campaigns over the years.

10 Likes

I REALLY appreciate it. We’re definitely going to need all the support to get this beast off the ground.

13 Likes

Ditto here—happy to help. My strengths lie more in the writing aspects, but I’m good with rules too. (I’m a lawyer. Maybe too good …)

13 Likes

Oh man you guys must be hella busy! Like everything Magiq related I’m sooo excited :grin:
If you need a hand with anything just let me know :grin:

13 Likes

Lexington are you a /whispers/ min-maxer?
Tho legit min-maxers are fabulous to have. In beta testing because they will find the quickest way to break the game.
This can be fun. My team in a shadowrunning campaign found a way to rules lawyer bringing a helicopter shooting at us into the thames without destroying it or a player can use it to seem so over powered that the rest of the players dont have fun. Swings and roundabout.
I cant be much help mechanically. My DM notes are a series of word building notes and a basic plot. Im a very worldbuildy and improvvy dm but I can provide love and enthusiasm that the project is getting of the ground :two_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :two_hearts:
I would absolutely adore to be a beta tester, I am so so down. Anything I can do to help just send me a message and I’ll see what I can do!

12 Likes

Sometimes? But usually non-combat. I’ve sometimes minmaxed in persuasion attributes to great effect. I am also often the “grand gesture” player (think Leeeroy Jenkins, if that means anything to you).

11 Likes

The day “Leeeroy Jenkins” doesn’t mean anything is the day I crawl into a hole and live as an old hermit. :cagsko:

15 Likes

chants guild dice, guild dice, guild dice.

13 Likes

I was on the fence about Fate Core after the One Shot episodes that used it, then I saw that episode of Tabletop. Not only is their quick world building excellent, seeing the game played made it click for me.

14 Likes

I love Fate Core as a system! I plan on starting my character right away, to be edited as needed as other information comes out.

8 Likes

Oh heck yes I am so excited

11 Likes

O.o now I need to find an updated part of this and go to fatecore…

Or should I read more before diving in?

3 Likes

The system was actually released earlier this year on the book shop! The digital beta is pretty affordable, but there are also other versions that you can pick up if you’re interested. As someone who’s never played Fate or Fate Core, I think I understand the system pretty well from just the beta, but if you’re familiar with the system, I think the book would make a lot of sense. You can learn more at the NNRPG website: Neithernor RPG - Ackerly Green!

9 Likes

Thank you will be checking it out after work…or working less bc im distracted now.

7 Likes