Mountie Motivation Fitness Challenge

I get you. I don’t even consider exercising after I leave work- I’m too exhausted, have too much going on in my mind, and just want to go home, relax and spend time with my family. That’s why the early morning thing works so well for me - I’ve been sticking with it for four years. I feel awake and energized for the rest of the day when I work out in the mornings. It’s not for everybody, but it might be a good solution - is there a gym on campus you could use before classes?

7 Likes

Um, I think so. It’s 20mins away from where I’m staying though, and I’m lucky if I’m awake with enough time to get to class as it is lol. I’m not a morning person in the slightest…

Meh, I’m sure I’ll come up with something that suits me. Got a folder of easy, geeky workouts I’ve been meaning to actually try and follow, we’ll see how it goes.

5 Likes

Oh dear, I may have found a solution… http://www.ludosport.net/en/academies-schools/the-academies/ There’s one of these 10mins from me…

6 Likes

Epic!

5 Likes

Here we are on Tuesday, 6 am Eastern. It’s my gym morning. I skipped a couple of days last week to deal with the big snow storm, but that’s part of why I’m posting today: discipline is important, but life happens. Just because you had an exam, a foot of snow, a death in the family, it doesn’t mean you’ve failed if you missed a session. It’s okay. You can always pick back up later in the week.

Back to “back and biceps.” Get 'em, kids.

7 Likes

Friday Challenge: Cole’s Footsteps

Okay Mountaineers - here’s the first of hopefully many Friday Challenges. We’re going to start small and work our way up. Back between Fragments 14 and 15, our beloved Chronocompass dragged @CRSumner all over Central Park.

According to Google Maps, this was a total of 2.6 miles. This Friday’s challenge is to walk/run/jog/elliptical that much distance in a single session. Bicycling doesn’t count. Post here when you’ve completed the challenge - new challenge coming next Friday!

8 Likes

That’s roughly 4.2 km for anyone not in the States.

5 Likes

QuickMemo _2018-01-12-23-20-50
Done!

8 Likes

Did it!

My travel companion

8 Likes

Awesome work, @Ashburn and @Sellalellen!

8 Likes

Edit:. I just realized I shorted it by 0.2 miles. Always next time!

6 Likes

Does walking 1.8 miles to and from an exam count, adding up to 2.6 miles? 'Cause yeah, that was my day today…

Edit: Never mind, I just actually read the challenge… No way I was doign 2.6 in one session, 1.8 nearly killed me…

8 Likes

Good effort though! Walking as a function of necessity (rather than driving, for example) is an awesome way to incorporate exercise into day-to-day life.

7 Likes

Having joined 2/3rds into TMP, I could use some help identifying any physical aspects of TMP that could be made into weekly challenges. Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions are more than welcome!

8 Likes

I love Cole’s journey walk idea, very creative TMP-related challenge!

Here’s my miles for yesterday, though a museum tour and used book scout figured heavily into my 7 miles walked. (Also, living in NYC, you walk. A lot.)

8 Likes

CJB hitting it out of the park! I hope at least 2.6 of those were contiguous for purposes of completing the challenge, though :wink:

7 Likes

Oh yeah, I was wizarding my feet off at The Met.

7 Likes

I think some Ebbie-inspired “hone the mind and body” challenges could be cool too.

6 Likes

Guild-inspired challenges would be perfect! Thanks for the idea - I’ve already come up with the first one for Friday!

9 Likes

Glad to hear that you’ve run this by your physician - drastic weight loss plans should always be vetted by a trusted, licensed medical professional before they’re initiated/undertaken. Also glad to hear that you’re feeling better doing it!

10 Likes