Magic Affinities

Vivi, this was amazing.

4 Likes

Beautiful story, @Viviane!

4 Likes

Excellent job, Viv!

5 Likes

Love it, @Remus! Thanks for the contribution!!!

4 Likes

I was inspired by the guild affinities “Assemble Runes” and “Breath of Creation” so I set up this image and made a lil Flinterforge poster :slight_smile:
Might do some more of the guilds soon!

21 Likes

I did Poloriods for the different guild affinities :)
(Featuring my travelers coin I found at Triplets Bridge)

16 Likes

More long tales of guild magic! This one first came to me a few days ago, when @grimangel53 was posting about magical objects for the guilds. I was wondering whether Flinterforge recruits would maybe make our own magical items, and then I was thinking about how we would actually teach magic, and connecting the unconnected, and sewing…and then this happened. Let me know if I need to tone down the sewing jargon to make it readable.
(And yes, there is a sewing machine called ‘Oscar’. Google it if you don’t believe me.)
Artificer's Whim - Google Docs

12 Likes

honestly, i feel like each guild would have a couple items they make themselves.
Like the Ebbie’s Bow would be made by the initiate.

Flinters would definitely be more prolific about this, but such is the way of the guild.

10 Likes

after reading both my own and @Deyavi’s views on Grim’s Convergence, I feel like each affinity might present itself different for each person.
Like one version of Convergence involves helping to absolve spirits, another helps set people into their places within the order of the golden balance.

maybe its the same with other ones as well.

11 Likes

or maybe we can see the affinities as they are, and use them to our own ways. Like I see it as seeing the convergence of paths, where something will go and where they should be in the living order, and the same magic can be used internally to act as a medium to bring order and balance to the dead.

Like Dey’s thought of being a medium, by being the convergence between the different worlds, that of mundane and magiq, of living and dead. that’s internal. helping teh dead move on, and giving them peace, brings balance and order back to the worlds of the living and the dead, piece by piece.
and placing people in teh right place, right time, also helps bring the balance back to the world of living and dead. as it can prevent chaotic death and lead to peaceful life.

I feel like makepeace would factor heavily into both a bit.

I may also be overthinking this.

13 Likes

Quick:
Which Goss affinity should I write about?

5 Likes

ALL OF THEM.
I’m personally really curious about Therapeutics and Call to Hearth though, Oracle, if you have some light to shed…

8 Likes

I did a little bit on Call to Hearth above.

8 Likes

Ill whip something up Viv, I started a story for Call to the hearth ages ago but never got around to publishing it. Augo did an awesome story on it too, I think its on this thread somewhere.

7 Likes

Oh, I think I found it! It’s so lovely!

8 Likes

Other than The Affinities of the Guilds themselves, what do you seem to have an affinity for when casting spells, weaving magiq, or just forming small enchantments?

I seem to play a lot with rhyme, poetry, and music. I also have a tendency to draw sigils and symbols, cast runes, and forge things from different runes and script characters.

11 Likes

I’m new around here, but second mind seems to me the ability to be able to fully think about two separate things at the same time, I don’t mean think about one, then the next second think about the other; more like two mental voices going at one time about two thoughts. Something that has happened to me a few times, specifically when I’m working on something that requires a good deal of thought or even when I’m reading. A thought pops into my head, but doesn’t derail my current train of thought. Just a theory though.

16 Likes

Hey I just got here but it seems to me that Peering arts of thornmouth would allow the user to see or sense more that what the normally would. This could be two ways: a detection spell or a vision spell. And sense they are “arts” I would assume theirs more that one. So it could be both. The detection spell would be use to find someone or something in your area. For example, a spell to increase your sight or give night vision. A spell that enhances hearing or sense of smell would be passable. Or I would be like a magic field where you know anyone who enters or leaves or is in it. While the vision spell could be used as a way to physically peer through time ether past or the future. After all thornmouth is all about gaining knowledge.

16 Likes

I had the thought that perhaps Thornmouth’s Second Mind is sort of a hive mind of all known knowledge, whether by connecting with the Mindflame or an innate “flip of the switch” activation.

14 Likes

That makes a lot of sense actually as well.

7 Likes