Lachmann: The Fourth Fragment: The Second Trial

One big cyber hug going to @Tom. Great find! That changes things a bit with what I have been working on

3 Likes

Wait, @Leigha I think you were on to something with the music. The morse code wasn’t just dots and dashes but dots and dashes at a certain tone/note. Going through to determine the notes for them now. May take a while.But that may help us line up which directions go with which map.

3 Likes

That’s awesome! Great job @Tom!

2 Likes

Okay, so good news and bad news. Good news is the tones used for the morse code line up with the letters on the maps…sort of. The letters on the map are C, A, G, F. The notes used for the code are C, G#,G, F. So I’ll list the directions and the corresponding tone in the order they come in. I’ll substitute A for G# to avoid confusion.

C Right
A Left
F Left
C Left
A Right
G End
F Left
C Left
A Right
G Left
F Start
C Left
A Left
G Right
F Right
C Left
A Start
G Left
F Right
C End
A End
G Right
F End
C Left
A Left
G Start
F Right
C Start
A Right
F Left

Now separated by Tone/Map

C Right
C Left
C Left
C Left
C Left
C End
C Left
C Start

A Left
A Right
A Right
A Left
A Start
A End
A Left
A Right

F Left
F Left
F Start
F Right
F Right
F End
F Right
F Left

G End
G Left
G Right
G Left
G Right
G Start

Since each letter contains a Start and End, I’ll assume that these are correct. However, these are the order they came in during the “song” but they obviously need to be rearranged. I guess we just need to figure out the correct order and send that off to the Devoted?

3 Likes

Matching that up to the episode list it looks like they use the same note for each tv show

C is Battlestar Galactica,
A is Dr Who
F is Knight Rider
G is Wizards and Warriors

4 Likes

Good catch. Maybe the episode air dates are how we figure out the sequence of moves through the maps.

EDIT: or perhaps I mean episode order not necessarily air dates.

3 Likes

G# is A flat (where’s the flat symbol on a keyboard???) isn’t it - I think you’re right with this.

4 Likes

Like Season and Episode Number? So 04.12 would be Season 4, Episode 12, is that what you are getting at?

1 Like

Aye, if you line the episodes up by air dates you get a path from start to end.

Scroll up to post 60 and I put together a tentative list. Your find regarding musical notes is perfect because it ties the directions to the maps. That’s huge.

Edit: Just to recap I believe this brings us to:

Wizards and warriors (G)

Start - Right - Right - Left - Left - End

Knight Rider (F)

Start - Right - Left - Right - Right - Left - Left - End

Battlestar Galactica (C)

Start - Right - Left - Left - Left - LEft - Left - End

Dr Who (A)

Start - Left - Left - Right - Right - Left - Right - End

4 Likes

So now that we know these maps are actually maps of new York. Are these streets? Bus routes? Directions between significant locations?

1 Like

Do we think we should look for clues in the other documents? What about the stories:

The Cat and the Saint
The Mouse and the Sorcerer
The Owl and the Lady
The Toad and the Angel.

Also - these are the animals from The Minnying of Ojorad!

3 Likes

Okay, well, here’s what I know about the animals (hybrid animals, actually) in the poem. The cat would be the lions in front of the New York public library, patience and fortitude. (Brandon’s lions, and the Mascot of Thornmouth)
The frog/toad is representative of Balimora.
The mouse-girl is representive of Flinterforge
The Un-Owl is representative of Gossmere
We know where the lions are.
There’s an owl at Bethesda Terrace

Looking for a frog .

2 Likes

Fortitude’s Peak is mentioned in the last part of this: http://forestofdarkeningglass.com/0553341030/BL191186_trial2_1b.png

2 Likes

The owl could be one of these: http://untappedcities.com/2014/05/14/spot-the-owls-of-nyc-at-columbia-university-herald-square-bronx-grand-concourse/ What do you think?

1 Like

Why only these four animals I wonder? I mean out of the six? I’m liking the lions. Brandon was a Thornmouth, they were his familiars.

1 Like

Not sure - but I think as we ere in Central Park last time your suggestion of Bethesda Fountain owl is the right one.

3 Likes

Hey guys, since this has to do with mythology, and owls have to do with Athena, maybe that means something. Was this already discovered, or does this mean something?

2 Likes

Good point @H3RM3S, we should look into that.

1 Like

I sure did miss a lot. But great work everyone! According to the timer we have about 2 3/4 days left. However, what are we looking for? What kind of puzzle are we solving here? I’m a little confused, probably due to my absences as of late!

1 Like

Email from The Devoted guys:

We have completed the second trial.
The second Traveler’s Disc will soon be in our hands.
You can still catch up.
The more of us on The Timeline the greater the chances of success.
We will attempt with or without you.

The Devoted - 102986

2 Likes