Lachmann: The Fourth Fragment: The Second Trial

Well done Mr. Sumner! I know that the Fraylily thing had you freaked and you didn’t want to do this, but thank you so much for doing so.

Even though we’re reasonably sure it’s the ISBN for In Search of Schrodinger’s Cat, is there anything else it could be? Just want to cross off any other possibilities. Though I’m inclined to think this book is probably the clue we need. I guess now we wait to hear from the Devoted.

3 Likes

Everyone, it’s not an ISBN number.

http://forestofdarkeningglass.com/9780552125550/

3 Likes

Oh, awesome. Well done Mike!

1 Like

Indeed, nice find there. And good job spotting that @Leigha

2 Likes

So, we got a new piece? Do we usually get those outside of the book of briars site? This seems odd.

3 Likes

King rabbits puzzles for the second fragment had a couple extra pieces as well.

3 Likes

Ah, okay. I wasn’t around for all that stuff haha :smiley:

2 Likes

@TheBellsAreRinging, King Rabbit had two “bonus” pieces of the spell for us, which were hidden behind complicated riddles/puzzles. We may have just found another bonus scrap thanks to you, @Leigha, @Kelsey and @Mike.

For anyone who doesn’t know, (puts on nerd hat) the ISBN-13 coding started in 2007. It’s the current form. But anything prior to 2007 was ISBN-10, which was the other number on the back of the disc. More time fluctuations? The scrap code was “now” and the single line, ten-digit code could be the one Brandon left behind.

2 Likes

Should we try that number in the URL?

1 Like

Yes we should -

http://forestofdarkeningglass.com/0553341030/

2 Likes

Okay, so here is the “old” isbn:

http://forestofdarkeningglass.com/0553341030/

We have more work ahead of us!

2 Likes

Starting to write down what Brandon is saying in the MP3. I have to go back and re-listen but this is what I have so far. Question marks on some.

The Long Patrol
Underworld
Lost Night (or Knight?)
The Young Lords
The Invisible Enemies
The Dungeon of Death
Hills of Fire
The Man with Nine Lives
City of Death
Caverns of Chaos
Nightmares
The Living Legend
The Hand of Fear
Night of Terror
A Good Night’s Work
Greetings from Birds
Robot
Skies of Death
Junkyard Dog
The Hand of God
State of Decay
The Rescue
Fright Night
The Magnificent Warrior
Planet of Evil
The Kidnap
I am
The Lost Warrior
The Face of Evil
Burial

4 Likes

Fright night was a 1985 movie about a vampire in suburbia.
The hand of fear is the name of an episode of Doctor Who which played in reruns in the 80’s (I was an 80’s kid) as was city of death
The man with nine lives is an episode of battlestar galactica, as is the long patrol
If it is the Lost Knight, that would be a Stranger Things reference (unlikely). There was an episode of knight rider called lost knight.
Okay guys, I’m gonna go through all these and post the list when I’ve got it sorted out.

5 Likes

Call this a hunch, but I think those high pitched notes panned left and right are morse code. Trying to figure it out now but Morse isn’t my strong suit. Could be a wild tangent but if anyone else knows Morse well, give it a listen.

4 Likes

For those extra ones -
Caverns of Chaos
Junkyard Dog
And I heard Greetings from birds as well, if that’s any confirmation?

2 Likes

Sounds good to me. I updated the list above!

3 Likes

I can somewhat do morse code, so I will take a crack at that.

But I thought it was interesting that it talked about “The Cat and The Saint, The Mouse and the Sorcerer. The Owl and the Lady, The Toad and the Angel”. And they were talking about a funeral, and lowering a masked man into the ground. We have the poem about the “Minnying of Ojorad” and from the last little bit the "Mask of Ojorad. This isn’t that useful right now, but it all seems like more than a coincidence.

3 Likes

So the audio file does contain morse code. The dots and dashes in the music break down to this in this order:

Right
Left
Left
Left
Right
End
Left
Left
Right
Left
Start
Left
Left
Right
Right
Left
Start
Left
Right
End
End
Right
End
Left
Left
Start
Right
Start
Right
Left

I assume this has to deal with the maps we were given.

7 Likes

Already cracked it. It turns out that it was spelling RIGHT, LEFT, END, and START in a specific sequence.

1 Like

Beat me to it haha. Nice Work!

2 Likes