FOUND: Fragment Twelve: Into Hell - Aorthora

Well Moksva is also the name of a moon I think. But I’d much prefer real world locations to spacey ones

1 Like

I’ll satellite image some maps of Moscow, see if theres a massive curved road or something…

Oh I don’t seem to be able to edit the map.

Locations that seem to be apparent : Russia, Mexico, Paris, Greece.

2 Likes

lol, thanks guys. Bit dog with abone atm That list helps fill in a couple not on the spread sheet too @Inky , nice! I found also a Rumyantsev Mansion in Moscow (but still Moscow so should make too much difference). I also found a “Royal Castle” on a street named Hoope in Guyana, might be something? There are also a couple of places called Victoria (Victoire).

3 Likes

!
Also does anyone know if google earth still has that constellations map? We could use that to see if any of th stands align with our map locations

1 Like

Last time I used it it did, but that was a couple of years ago…

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking a lot about Victoire and trying to find something concrete. I’m pretty sure Victoria is the only location in the southern hemisphere, and it just doesn’t make sense to me to have one location that would see these celestial bodies differently from the other locations. I could be very wrong though.

So I dug up some European History stuff from my school’s library while the power was out at my place today and found the following:

• Princess Victoire: daughter of Louis XV. Buried in Basilique Saint-Dennis (Basilica of Saint-Dennis in English; very beautiful place, loved it when I went to Paris). Anne of Brittany is also buried there.

• Victoire Leodile Bera: Early French feminist. She was also a writer. She died in Paris.

• Victoire in Saskatchewan in Canada. Also a Victoire area in Haiti.

Outside of those, I thought of another royal hoop possibility while on my France thought line. What about Place des Victoires? It has a statue of Louis XIV and it’s close to Palais-Royal. Also it’s definitely a recognizable circle and an artistic attraction (at least it was 6 years ago.)

5 Likes

I agree with the Palace, does the actual circle appear to be golden?

2 Likes

Ooh. There’s a Zeus’ Triangle in Athens by the Acropolis (just found it while making my own map so I can see things)

2 Likes

Okay, I’ll add the above as possible locations. There’s also a Victoria in London that may be worth thinking of. @hannah

I’ve never heard of Zeus’ Triagle, which is odd considering I did a lot of study on the Acropolis about a year ago. I’ll add that to our map too @Inky

3 Likes

It’s a road near the Palace that goes around the statue. The road itself is typical asphalt, but the shops near it are painted kind of a golden yellow.

Also it won’t let me pin anything on the map. :frowning:

3 Likes

All the locations are northern hemisphere.

Would you like Argonauta books in Madrid, or the hotel in the middle of the sea? (Faja Grande)

2 Likes

Try again now @hannah , changed a setting so it should work.

And yeah, a lot of places in Paris poping up.

2 Likes

Sadovaya - Could reference the Garden Ring in Moskow.

I was taking a bunch of notes during work yesterday, but won’t be able to get to them until Tuesday…

3 Likes

So the ones that are proving tricky:
Harmony’s Discourse
The Royal Hoop
Victoire - is a place/locality in Bordeaux
Player’s Frigate
The Swallow
Argonauta
Moskva’s Curve
Forgotten Forest - makes me think of the suicide forest in Japan
Zeus’ Meadow

2 Likes

Yeah… The ones currently without a single location are Harmony’s Discourse, PLayer’s Frigate, The Swallow, Argonauta, Moskva’s Curse and Forgotten Forest.

The other problem seems to be getting other down to a single place, such is Victoire.

2 Likes

Could yhe forgotten forest be in reference to the akmonian forest mentioned in reference to the Greek goddess harmonia?

2 Likes

Harmony’s discourse could also be in reference to the fact that the counterpart of Harmonia is Discordia. The Roman counterpart of Discordia is Eris, a dwarf planet

3 Likes

Beat me to it! Lol

2 Likes

When I was lookin up things yesterday, I got the curve in the track running from St. Petersburg to Moscow (which was actually a fix because the straight line made the train go straight past a stop one way and need four locomotives to get back the other way).

5 Likes

That’s what I was thinking the curve was too. Novgorod Oblast is the nearest area really.

Anyone started drawing lines on the map yet?

2 Likes